Guaranteeing “ fresh tyres”

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had our Kia MoT today and it picked up four advisories one for each tyre. Tread wear was even across the width and all at 5mm tread depth. The advisories related to cracking beginning to show in the outer tread blocks. My daughter had Dunlops that did the same. The Kia’s tyres are four years old and are Prestivo, a sub brand of Yokohama.

Anyway I was considering fitting all seasons next Autumn as we live at the bottom of a hill and it’s at least 23 years since we were all 2wd car and then all seasons were not available, and both our cars are now once again 2wd. Looking at tyre sites to see what would be available I came across Mytyres who now supply you tyres guaranteed to be made in 2023 for the additional price of £7.99 each tyre. I think I will buy tyres with soft rubber high grip and have fun wearing them out in four years before they deteriorate with cracks. 🤣

Reactions: RogerL
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
That sounds like a good idea for caravan tyres.
For about 6 months prior to replacing tyres on the car, I check several different places for tyre reports.. and this place is the first that gave traction reports on wet grass and also mud, ideal for caravanners on CL sites, ( C's sites also applicable)

Reactions: RogerL
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That sounds like a good idea for caravan tyres.
For about 6 months prior to replacing tyres on the car, I check several different places for tyre reports.. and this place is the first that gave traction reports on wet grass and also mud, ideal for caravanners on CL sites, ( C's sites also applicable)
Over the past few years tyre reviews have improved enormously and are also on YouTube as well as in print.

I never had any freshness issues as I purchased well known brands such as Hankook, Continental etc from Blackcircles who have a pretty rapid turnover.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Had our Kia MoT today and it picked up four advisories one for each tyre. Tread wear was even across the width and all at 5mm tread depth. The advisories related to cracking beginning to show in the outer tread blocks. My daughter had Dunlops that did the same. The Kia’s tyres are four years old and are Prestivo, a sub brand of Yokohama.

Anyway I was considering fitting all seasons next Autumn as we live at the bottom of a hill and it’s at least 23 years since we were all 2wd car and then all seasons were not available, and both our cars are now once again 2wd. Looking at tyre sites to see what would be available I came across Mytyres who now supply you tyres guaranteed to be made in 2023 for the additional price of £7.99 each tyre. I think I will buy tyres with soft rubber high grip and have fun wearing them out in four years before they deteriorate with cracks. 🤣
The Continentals on my Jeep lasted just over 4 years with 35k.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The Continentals on my Jeep lasted just over 4 years with 35k.
My wife's friend does on average 200 miles a year, And the car is on its original of tyres. The car is 15tn years old. No advisory mentioned on the MOT. .
I wonder if she buys the examiner a beer in the pub.

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts