Have I used enough adhesive?

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Evening all

Finally got round to putting up the new panel today. Fixed brackets, sanded bonding area, degrease, marked out and used nearly a whole tub of Sudall Fixall on the 6 bracket areas.

Has been on for about an hour but I've noticed the behind of the brackets (thin bits) in some areas have no sealant as it seems to have gathered in the middle void of the brackets. Panel seems immovable and well stuck to the thicker part of the brackets but it seems the combination of a roof that isn't perfectly flat and brackets with voids may have caused a problem. Anyone else run into the same issue?

Reactions: Hutch

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
What panel are you taking about? We' not mind readers
Steady on Prof.
It's unlike you to be sarcastic or sharp with people.
I'd say that the OP means a solar panel.
To reply to the query, when the bonding is set, give it a gentle tug and if it's well bonded the metal roof skin panel will flex but the solar panel mount will remain stuck down tight.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It was not my intention to upset anyone.

This was a new thread with no references to any previous posts. If it was a follow on from a previous topic it would make more sense to add it to that thread or to at least tell readers the back ground (or where to find it) in this new thread.

It's entirely possible it may have been an unrelated subject - how are readers to know?

We are seeing a lot of this recently where it tends to be new members who post without adequate reference to the product or activity they are referring to.

My question was a genuine, I like most people cannot always remember all previous postings nor do I wish to always have to wander through the forum to find out.

May 27, 2020
Visit site
Steady on Prof.
It's unlike you to be sarcastic or sharp with people.
I'd say that the OP means a solar panel.
To reply to the query, when the bonding is set, give it a gentle tug and if it's well bonded the metal roof skin panel will flex but the solar panel mount will remain stuck down tight.

Thanks Parksy. Went up and gave it a shunt the next day and no movement (except roof flex). Soudall Fix All really does stick like ***!!!

Reactions: Parksy
May 27, 2020
Visit site
It was not my intention to upset anyone.

This was a new thread with no references to any previous posts. If it was a follow on from a previous topic it would make more sense to add it to that thread or to at least tell readers the back ground (or where to find it) in this new thread.

It's entirely possible it may have been an unrelated subject - how are readers to know?

We are seeing a lot of this recently where it tends to be new members who post without adequate reference to the product or activity they are referring to.

My question was a genuine, I like most people cannot always remember all previous postings nor do I wish to always have to wander through the forum to find out.

Apologies, yes I meant the solar panel - probably would have helped if I had mentioned that!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have been thinking of putting a solar panel on our caravan but it might be 2021 We done this so far Caravan cushions Upholstery Curtains, Carpet the budget has been spent

May 27, 2020
Visit site
We have been thinking of putting a solar panel on our caravan but it might be 2021 We done this so far Caravan cushions Upholstery Curtains, Carpet the budget has been spent
It's certainly less daunting than I thought it was gonna be. It's nice knowing your battery will be staying topped up. Although at this rate I needn't have worried as we can't exactly go anywhere!

Reactions: Beachball

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts