Holiday at home - do your bit

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have read this article in the current PCV with mixed feelings. Yes, we sould like to 'do our bit'. But there appears to be little sign of HMG doing their bit too as in keeping road fuel and electricity prices under control. Granted they can do nothing about the weather, but until they get the other matters sorted out I and I suspect many others will go abroad with as little fuel in the tank as will get them to the ferry, go south into the sun at this time of year, saving heating oil and electricity, enjoy fresh fish, reasonable local wine etc. and make sure we retrun to UK with tanks as full as the ferry will permit.
Having been on fixed income for 19 years, the phrase 'index linked' is a complete joke when related to fuel, council tax and virtually anything else you can mention, plus what savings we have are depreciating faster than you can say 'I'll have another'.

Yes I would like to stay home and 'do my bit' but this appears to be a completely one-way street with absolutely no meaningful acation top meet me half way.

Sorry, rant over, everyone has to believe in something...... I believe I'll have another glass of vino tinto.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
hi ray,dont lose heart buddy lets hope this lot have got there sum`s right and there`s light at the end of the tunnel then we can look back one day and say those were the days.i`m like you havent had pay rise in 5 yrs but stiil managed 6 breaks away last year things aint so bad mate

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts