Is Old Age against us?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm 76, but I haven't aged mentally since my early 40s. Still enjoing our vanning, both here and over the Channel .
Enjoyed some lovely oysters in Brittany last week. Although they tasted wonderful, sadly they didn't work.....:)
You may think that you have not aged mentally, but that defies medical science. But keeping active both physically and mentally no doubt helps keeping age at bay, but unfortunately not in all cases.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Trying to do gardening for the first time in my life. I thought it was supposed to be relaxing? If you thought caravanning was expensive try visiting a garden centre with OH. šŸ˜¢

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This is some of hard, hard work over a few days and helped by grandsons. First cleared out all old plants, rocks and stones along fence and there were plenty of them! Then the visit to a garden centre making CC cry and finally planting some of the flowers in the other bed.

Need to find flowers that like only a bit of sun and lots of shade for the narrow border in the picture.Garden border.jpg

1688817510047.jpegFinally;
Flower garden.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This is some of hard, hard work over a few days and helped by grandsons. First cleared out all old plants, rocks and stones along fence and there were plenty of them! Then the visit to a garden centre making CC cry and finally planting some of the flowers in the other bed.

Need to find flowers that like only a bit of sun and lots of shade for the narrow border in the picture.View attachment 5009

View attachment 5010Finally;
View attachment 5011
Try looking at the RHS website and I find their prices not too bad, and quality of plants excellent.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

Need to find flowers that like only a bit of sun and lots of shade for the narrow border in the picture.View attachment 5009

View attachment 5010Finally;
View attachment 5011
What happens when the hose pipe ban kicks inšŸ™ƒšŸ™ƒ

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Try looking at the RHS website and I find their prices not too bad, and quality of plants excellent.

Many thanks as that is a very helpful and informative link. (y) :D

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks as that is a very helpful and informative link. (y) :D
For that border I would plant three similar plants together. Then another three of another type and after using three or four types repeat the sequence. Choose plants for colour or leaf pattern and stagger the blooming season so you get interest through spring to autumn. In the autumn you could plant mini daffodils and crocus for early spring colour. Then in February buy some snowdrops in the green. Better success than planting snowdrop bulb.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The prices looked good and were about to order from them until I got the delivery cost of Ā£21. Cheaper to visit a local garden centre, but the advice of the website is excellent so again thansk for the link.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 5010Finally
it looks very nice but i would given the fence a touch up

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for school holidays for grandsons to do his magic. No ways could either of us even attempt painting the fence. :D
In our garden we have 12 fence panels and they need a touch up advertise it someone is coming to do the job i cannot do it with my mobility issues

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
His business was looking up.

Never got anything like that when I was doing it. More like moving pianos for old ladies and only gettin a shilling and a piece of malt loaf if you were lucky.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
So I bite the bullet, caravan sold. Been on the road since 1978 enjoyed every minute of it. Tried the last 2 years soldo, but at 81 got a little too much packing up. Hitching up and towing no problems but it was all the other bits.

Already had 2 holidays with one daughter/granddaughter at least 3 more at the moment booked with them and my other daughter. Still a lot of places to see, but at my age or anyone over the age of 70 ? unless you know where it's possible, you can't hire a motorhome even a small one.

Trevor

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
So I bite the bullet, caravan sold. Been on the road since 1978 enjoyed every minute of it. Tried the last 2 years soldo, but at 81 got a little too much packing up. Hitching up and towing no problems but it was all the other bits.

Already had 2 holidays with one daughter/granddaughter at least 3 more at the moment booked with them and my other daughter. Still a lot of places to see, but at my age or anyone over the age of 70 ? unless you know where it's possible, you can't hire a motorhome even a small one.

Trevor
You beat me, I am only 75.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Trevor
I find it difficult to hire a van to help the family move stuff, so itā€™s not just motorhomes.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thatā€™s sad. Should we move or do something to attract them!
I use specific facebook Bailey owners and Senator owners but still do PCv
PCv forum usually has a steady stream of questions from tourer owners, but they tend not to stay when they find out what they want to know.
We had a recent new member who had posted about a breakaway cable who insisted that their account was closed completely when their thread had run its course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts