Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
I am about to buy an LCD TV for the 'van.

I've seen one advertised in PC Mag. with built in DVD player 12/240V and freeview for £345.

I've seen similar advertised in Comet for £220 except for 12V. Thing is I'm probably never going to go anywhere where i don't have mains hook up so I can't really see the point in paying for it.

Are there likely to be any other differences. On a low-amp site in france is it likely to trip with the Comet one?

Any views?

Thanks

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
If its the "MobileTv" be very careful as its digital tuner's capability is not a patch on my SONY. Where the Mobile is failing to tune any channels the SONY gets excellent picture on the same aerial. I am very very disappointed with it.

Maybe this is a common fault with many TVs as I have been told on site that people cant get a digital picture where I was watching it no problem.

The Comet domestic one like my SONY is unlikely to be multi standard so its no TV in France with them. Who wants TV in France anyway!

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks JTQ

Yes, it was the Mobile TV one.

The Comet one is a Grundig. And I'm probably going to try one of these Freesat devices and take it with me to France.

May pay a bit more and get something like a Sony.

Thanks

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Just a word of warning Ian. Be sure to check the viewing angle on your choice of LCD TV. We bought a wharfedale with built in freeview and DVD from Argos and returned it as you could only watch it when seated directly in front on it. If you viewed from even a slight angle from below (when in bed!) or from the side, the screen took on a 'negative' effect.

We replaced it with a cheapo mikomi 15" LCD with built in digital TV again from Argos after taking advice on here and it's great. We only paid

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
Just a word of warning Ian. Be sure to check the viewing angle on your choice of LCD TV. We bought a wharfedale with built in freeview and DVD from Argos and returned it as you could only watch it when seated directly in front on it. If you viewed from even a slight angle from below (when in bed!) or from the side, the screen took on a 'negative' effect.

We replaced it with a cheapo mikomi 15" LCD with built in digital TV again from Argos after taking advice on here and it's great. We only paid

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The analogue transmission switch off has already started - I'm surprised anyone is still selling (or buying) analogue only TVs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian,

we have got the Grudig and it has the DVD and freeview built in. The picture is excellent and can be viewed from most required angles, but if you go 25 - 35o out on the vertical you get a poor picture, but we don't lie on the floor in the caravan to watch T.V. Its HD ready and we paid

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Hey 'Sir Roger'

Does the Technika have a headphone socket (Tesco website says no) and does it have the normal UHF/VHF tuner as well as the digital tuner?

Many Thanks

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi, we too have bought a combined freeview/dvd tv as there is only 1 power socket close to where the set could go. However, if we decide to go down the satellite route for reception abroad, could we use one of those adapter blocks to plug both the tv and the receiver into the same socket or will we have to have the socket changed for a double one

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Ian I say now look here I have infront of me the owners manual for the Technika LCD15DVDID-107 and i can assure you it is equiped with headphone socket and yes terrestial as well as digital.

Now I hope this of some use to you lovely picture and none of this bloody awful tinny sound . I say good choice .

Good Luck Sir Roger

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
doesnt the teknika tv's come with the plug in tv socket? im sure ours did that was in our avondale. its now in lucas's room as we got a free tv with the wyoming. but the same thing its inky when you watch it in bed. so bailey sent us a tilt bracket Alan says his works a treat but it doesnt clear the spinning wooden thingey. so we are now goning to buy a 19 " aswell for the living area. i want to get it from argos and spend no more than

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
rodger im sure our tv came with a 12v plug adapter. ill ask craig when he wakes up hes ill in bed.

ours was from tescos but its a digilogic.

we have a 32" ldc on the chimney breast in the bedroom and its a better picture than my sins 40" sony but that might be because the picture comes from the sky box in our room.

jo

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

You've done th esame as us. With Bailey's new tilting bracket the tv supplied by Bailey now works perfectly but doesn't spin round to face the lounge. We take our original Tesco / Beko 19" LCD away for the lounge. Two tvs in a caravan sounds ridiculous but so what!!

Cheers

Alan

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well we had a really lovely Sony LCD tv but unfortunately the child broke it.

So a couple of months ago, I bought a cheap LCD tv with freeview from Argos (reduced to

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm, I want a FREESAT system now, as described in a mag (oops, hope it was PC) a few months ago making use of a clothes dryer, etc.

This will mean I can watch english telly whilst I am abroad.

Yes I know.....

"And I want to take our own milk...and boxes of hollands pies....and some 'real bread', oh tea and coffee of course. Don't want any of that foreign muck."

Has anybody tried the Freesat setup? Any good?

Regards

Ian

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
I have Sky Freesat. I have a Quad LNB on the dish. I use a 12V Pace Minibox when non-EHU and a Sky+ box (with card from home) when on EHU. And yes, very good. Very happy with it. Set up in minutes.

I also have a 12V 15" TFT TV with built in DVD player,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts