Le Chatelet in Cast, Brittany

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Dear All

Has anyone been to Le Chatelet in Brittany, we have booked to go in June, from Portsmouth to St Malo, any advise on the site or the route would be appreciated as we've heard it can be difficult to find, this is our very first trip abroad and we are fairly new to caravaning as we've have only been touring for 8 months. Thank you.

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

We've been to St Cast twice but stayed at Chateau de Galinee not Le Chatelet. A couple of friends have been though and both enjoyed it. I have a streetmap and its looks like the best approach to the site would be from the D13 at Matignon. We drove round that side of St. Cast but I can't remember much apart from some quite narrow roads. I would email the site when it opens and ask them the best way to get there.

We visited St Malo and the exit road went past the Aquarium over the Rance estuary, past Dinard airport D168 towards Ploubalay, Tregon, then the D786 to Matignon. We didn't have a caravan on the back but I don't think there were any horrible bits.

We like St Cast, small but pleasant, the town beach is good but our favourite was Pen Guen. We had trips out to Cap Frehel, Forte la Latte, Mont St Michel and Dinan - all well worth doing !

There is a Super U in Matignon and a Champion which is near the D13. Enjoy your holiday, it's a lovely area.

Julie

PS You could try AA route planner or via Michelin for directions as well.

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

We've been to St Cast twice but stayed at Chateau de Galinee not Le Chatelet. A couple of friends have been though and both enjoyed it. I have a streetmap and its looks like the best approach to the site would be from the D13 at Matignon. We drove round that side of St. Cast but I can't remember much apart from some quite narrow roads. I would email the site when it opens and ask them the best way to get there.

We visited St Malo and the exit road went past the Aquarium over the Rance estuary, past Dinard airport D168 towards Ploubalay, Tregon, then the D786 to Matignon. We didn't have a caravan on the back but I don't think there were any horrible bits.

We like St Cast, small but pleasant, the town beach is good but our favourite was Pen Guen. We had trips out to Cap Frehel, Forte la Latte, Mont St Michel and Dinan - all well worth doing !

There is a Super U in Matignon and a Champion which is near the D13. Enjoy your holiday, it's a lovely area.

Julie

PS You could try AA route planner or via Michelin for directions as well.
Thanks Julie

Sounds lovely, Can't wait to go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts