Manual or Automatic ?

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you look at the NCAP website and see the difference between cars wrt Occupant Safety. This is primarily the protection given by the structure, aided by airbags, safety belts, seats and head restraints. Some cars reach the high 90 score, others are at 70%. Whilst technical safety aids can help avoid a crash, or reduce the effects of a crash, at the end of the day it’s the structure and primary protection that counts in my choices.

Having had two write offs, Volvo 740 estate, and Saab 9000 all we suffered were stiff necks. So if we decide to change cars in the future the CRV and Forester are high on the list.
I thought Sam was referring to the safety of the auto box and not the whole vehicle.

Reactions: Devonisheaven
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What’s NCAP got to do with Auto v Manual?
Time to refocus maybe😉
Sam brought up safety as independent of gearbox type then Buckman linked in, and Plodd deems safety a significant decision maker.

Refocus? Is there anything more that can be said on auto versus manual? I’m off for a well deserved glass of red. It will settle the fish and chips.

IMG_3586.jpeg

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts