New members, talk to us - PLEASE!

Page 9 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Mark33 said:
Hi Folks
New member from N Ireland.
We bought our first Motorhome last June and are loving it ever since. As expected I have come across a couple of small issues that I like to work through and have done so. So if I can assist anyone or offer advice...I will try my best.
I have come across problems and I soon learnt I will continue to come across even more problems. I like to tackle these problems myself (within my capabilities), and enjoy the satisfaction of solving them myself. Also saving a few ££££.
Mark

Hi Mark! Welcome to the forum and thank you for introducing yourself.

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Brand new to motor homes, looking at buying our first one soon, one question I have is whether you can insure your risk once you've put a deposit down up to the point you get your sticky hands on your new vehicle? E.g. You've handed over a large bag of cash but before the vehicle is built the converter goes bust/burns down?

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Don't know about insurance but if you pay the deposit or just part of it with a credit card, you have section 47 protection, so if the manufacturer goes bust you can claim against the credit card company and get your deposit back that way rather than join a queue of creditors.

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Personaly I would not buy new, as a first timer! You will lose a lot of your money if you don't get it right
The lay out you think you like may not be right in practise. Hire before you commit ,

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
Good Morning
Just bought my first motorhome after switching from a caravan. Sadly my wife passed away 2 months ago and I think I will get on better with a motorhome on my own. Just got to build up the courage to actually go somewhere.

Regards
Tom

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, Tom, and to motorcaravanning! Thank you very much for posting and introducing yourself. We're very sorry to learn of your loss and hope you get a lot of pleasure from your motorhome – what have you bought?

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi!
I've just joined and I'm saying HELLO!
I'm Pollyinavan and with my other half and dog we'll be out and about in our (new to us) motorhome as of tomorrow. This is all new to us, so be gentle! If you see a 1998 Elddis with a confused looking couple and bored looking pup, that'll be us.
We're thinking of visiting some not too distant camping sites in East Anglia over the next month or so, before a bigger run to Cornwall in June and France in Sept.
I'm looking forward to meeting/speaking/reading!

P

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi Polly, welcome!
There are some lovely places all over East Anglia. Do you know where specifically you're heading, or are you making it up as you go along?
Lovely picture of your van by the way, but if I were you I'd check it's got an engine before you set off on your travels ??!

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi Tony!

Thanks for the welcome. We picked up the MH on Saturday and she definitely has an engine! We all got safely back to Lincs and then had a night in Norfolk (at a friend's place, but we need to start somewhere). We are off for a full weekend in Norfolk again over Easter and were lucky enough to get an electric pitch so close to the holiday.

Is it OK to already love the staying away? B)

Kind regards

Polly

Apr 4, 2017
Visit site
Hiya from Up North,
I haven't find my motorhome as yet but really hope to do so, in the next couple of months. I just want a smallest model, something like a Peugeot Harmony or similar, just to accommodate a lady and her dog. I would very much like to go to Ireland, another reason for smallest type due to narrow lanes.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
wattsy said:
Hiya from Up North,
I haven't find my motorhome as yet but really hope to do so, in the next couple of months. I just want a smallest model, something like a Peugeot Harmony or similar, just to accommodate a lady and her dog. I would very much like to go to Ireland, another reason for smallest type due to narrow lanes.

Hi there and a very warm welcome to the Practical Motorhome forum!

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Hi there. Newby just logged in. just getting my head around campervan and campers. Using this as part of researching the type of camper we need for 2 adults 40+ in years. Ireland. Thanks in advance for advice or suggestions. Mary

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Hi my name is Gill, been motorhoming for 9 years. My first van was an Autocruise Pace and 3 years ago bought an Autotrail V line 600 which I love

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
Just registered having been a guest for a few months. Getting my first motorhome tomorrow so will hopefully become an active member going forward. Already placed a pre-emptive question on the forum!

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Hello to everyone.
51 years young and a keen caravanner which I use as a base to explore the great outdoors. Now thinking of moving over to motorhomes, new or nearly new. In no great hurry so spending a bit of time finding the right van. No doubt I will be on here looking for some advice over the coming weeks so thanks in advance.
First thought is base vehicle. Being a Ford car man, the Transit appeals but not too many using it (Chausson / Benimar). Been following your 2018 release articles to see if anymore coming along. If not Ford then the choice is Fiat or Peugeot. Any preferences or advice would be gratefully received

Thanks

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Welcome...
Autoroller also build on the the Transit and just like Benimar offer the auto option which are becoming more & more popular.
Keep an eye on the dealer specials built by Elddis & Swift built on Peugeot & Fiat, there's some extremely good deals on vans just a couple of years old and they are well fitted out and highly specced.

Good hunting!

Iain.

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
hi folks
new to this forum, my wife and I now retired intend to purchase a mobile home , we are in the process
of identifying our van layout in the 3,500kg range I have a couple of questions at the moment, what would be a average payload for two people and what is if any maximum length to drive on a car licence.
though I have c1 at present I do not want tpo rely on passing a D4 medical at 70 to continue touring
thanks in anticipation of a reply
George

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts