New members, talk to us - PLEASE!

Page 14 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi Johnt1
I have just found this Forum been a Motor home user for 13 years just about to change my vehicle and looking forward to posting here when required

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi, We live in France and have decided to take the plunge and purchase a motor home for touring UK and Europe and this looks a great place to find out more information and no doubt ask lots of questions!!

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi, Just to say I live in Devon and have recently purchased a Pilot E 2016 from Nick Saunders of Martins Caravens at Sandygate Exeter` Very pleased with the purchase but not yet had a run out. Too busy buying all the bits and bobs required to get going, as well as watching no end of 'you tube' advice videos. Very impressed with Diamond Dave. My intention is to use the MH over the coming year in the UK and to iron out any gremlins, then to embark on a two year tour of Europe. Revist places that I have lived in as a schoolboy ( Father Army) then to visit all the places I lived and served as an Army Officer., such as Rinteln, and Munster. Also to visit friends in France, Holland Portugal.
Ive had a number of offers to join me on the trip but Ive declined as I I am sure it must be difficult to travel with someone for an extended period without falling out. ( Exception maybe if you are in a long term relationship. I'm a widower and very happy one.) I have suggested to friends that we stay in touch via Skype/phone whatever and agree a meet up point when they can join me for a weekend/week. I would appreciate comments.
Regards
Popjoy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum.
The majority of current members are caravanners and the motorhome forum has recently been amalgamated with the caravan forum.
There are many common fixtures and fittings that are shared by caravan and motorhome manufacturers and of course we all use the same campsites .
All motorhome owners are more than welcome here and we hope to rebuild the motorhome forum to become a busy vibrant online community as time goes by.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Plenty of help on here for those who want it and a warm welcome to all who want to post. Tell us about your adventures.
mel

Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
Just bought an Elldis avanti 556, second hand, never had a caravan before! Had a lot of problems with damp, should have bought a meter, I know, taking it out next week, first time, me, wife and dog. VERY apprehensive.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Smigs, welcome to the forum and congratulations on buying your first caravan.
If there's anything that you're not sure about, just ask and we'll do our best to help.

Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
You will be sorry you said that, we are complete novices, been playing with it on the drive and still not sussed everything! Thanks again.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There are lots of experienced caravanners who are members of this forum Smigs.
They are always happy to share tips and advice.
It's always a better idea to ask a question rather than to make a mistake that could cost you money, and we really dont mind being asked. 😊

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Yep. Whatever you do wrong someone on here will have already done it-twice. Ask anything you need. Welcome to the forum.
mel

Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
Hello all,

We are a family of 5 & have never done forums - so looking forward to it. We have been touring in our caravan since 2012 & go abroad as well & we do have a youtube channel as well called beyond that blue door where we post weekly - caravan & other stuff

Really looking forward to the journey!!!

Steve

Mar 8, 2020
Visit site
Hello would like to introduce myself been using motor homes for about 20 yrs mainly classic or self build my current on is a 1993 Talbot Swift Kon tike

Attachments

• IMG-9339.jpg
    IMG-9339.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020
Visit site
Most days, there's an entry at the bottom of the Forums home page noting our "newest member," but very often we don't here anything from them until they've got a specific question.
So PLEASE, when you join, say "Hello" to us on here - that way, not only do we know for sure you're "real," we also know you want to be friends! No need to write an essay, or to tell us more about yourself than you want to, just touch base.
hi to all members-i am a complete newby to caravanning-mid seventies and owner of a 1993 abi jubilee rallyman. could do with guidance on where to get some info on where to get an owners manual. thanks to all and looking forward to good times-sam bond

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Samuel, welcome to the forum.
It might be difficult to source an owners manual, you could try the abi owners club or check online auction sites.
All is not lost however, because there is a wealth of experience within the membership of this forum so if there's anything that you want to know, just ask on our message boards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts