Next PC , get together.2016

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Having recieved a nice banter from folks on here, hopefully you might tell me when ( and where) the next PC meet up might be, I have never intentionaly been off grid, so could be interesting. . Mind you I might get shunned for some of my postings, Promise I wil behave myself.
Alldone in the best possible taste.
Hitch.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The annual Practical Caravan Readers Rally usually takes place over the May bank holiday weekend and the venue is most likely to be Stowford Farm Meadows as the link from the 2015 rally shows.
The rally weekend is a great bargain break and every year so far Stowford have offered those attending a bargain pitch price of £5 per pitch per night for a fortnight either side of the rally weekend. The prices include electric hook up, so there's no need to worry about being 'off grid'.
Obviously the head honchos at Haymarket have to make the decisions about the 2016 readers rally but if they decide to go ahead it has to be one of the best bargain breaks ever and is well worth booking when the time comes.
There will be links and topics shown on the forum and in the magazine when the decisions are finalised.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........just for info!

Stowford have a VW onwers rally booked for the weekend that for the last few years has seen their hosting of the PC rally!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Still nothing? P'raps it isn't happening. Wasn't planning to go anyway, given the Woosiefest extravaganza.
Mel

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Maybe PC are having a year off. Not a bad idea, time to come up with some new entertainments, perhaps (not interminable bingo, pleeeeeease).
We weren't going anyway because that is GCSE season... :blink: :dry: :unsure:

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry everyone, I still have nothing to tell! As you've probably guessed, we won't be having our Reader Rally at Stowford Farm Meadows in May as we have done in recent years, however we're hoping to hold an event later in the year, we're just not quite sure when and where! Options are being investigated and as soon as I have news, I will share it! Thanks for your patience.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I have never intentionaly been off grid, so could be interesting.

Previous PCv rallies have not been off grid, in fact they normally are held at commercial caravan sites with all facilities (EHU, bar, restaurant, swimming pool, club house, shop, etc) so there is no need to slum it. ;)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The only slumming involved was at the PC rally about 5 years back ( when Sir DD was king of the Woosies) when it was very very very wet and anyone at the bottom of the hill was paddling: as Sir Gagakev will tell you.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A bit like last years, Twinwoods Festival, lots of people getting muddy leaving, I wonder if Parksy stayed clean and mud free. ?
Hutch.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me Lady Mel. The only time I have had to lay a wooden track under the jockey wheel and use the mover to get out. There wasn't enough room to get the 4x4 in and boy was it muddy. :eek:hmy:

Now you know why Sir Gagakev always brings his oversize waders :p

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Thanks for reminding me Lady Mel. The only time I have had to lay a wooden track under the jockey wheel and use the mover to get out. There wasn't enough room to get the 4x4 in and boy was it muddy. :eek:hmy:

Now you know why Sir Gagakev always brings his oversize waders :p

These you mean????

IMG_20160121_135001555_zpsnm0s6pxf.jpg

I got to wear three pairs of socks with them :)

Yes I remember it well, mud pies all round, near side wheel sunk so deep it leveled the van from side to side, awning was like a fish pond...with no fish ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
The only slumming involved was at the PC rally about 5 years back ( when Sir DD was king of the Woosies) when it was very very very wet and anyone at the bottom of the hill was paddling: as Sir Gagakev will tell you.
Mel
That was also the year that a Stowford employee who was using a strimmer round the base of a nearby drain dislodged a stone which broke a passenger window on my Pajero and cleared off without mentioning it :angry:
To be fair the owners of the site immediately paid for repairs.

EH52ARH said:
A bit like last years, Twinwoods Festival, lots of people getting muddy leaving, I wonder if Parksy stayed clean and mud free. ?
Hutch.
I didn't know you visit Twinwood Hutch :cheer:
Sir Deli Dave and Lady Linda were also there with us.
There was the usual Monday wash out so we went to the Colonial Club until the rain stopped. At least with the muddy tracks I was able to wear my riggers boots in anger so to speak. :lol:
I've dragged one or two motorhomes out of the Twinners mud with my Pajero in my time, we've been going for the past 13 years since it was the Glenn Miller Festival and on a much smaller scale.
Are you going this year?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I served my apprenticeship at the RAE, there. Last year I was collecting some caravans that were hired out for the festival, but I think I will miss it this year as we are possibly going to France June until August and then back for the Woosiefest. :)
Hutch.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I served my apprenticeship at the RAE, there. Last year I was collecting some caravans that were hired out for the festival, but I think I will miss it this year as we are possibly going to France June until August and then back for the Woosiefest. :)
Hutch.
Fond memories of RAF Twinwood Farm for you then Hutch, I should imagine that the museum volunteers would love to read about your time as a RAE apprentice when there were plans to merge Twinwood and Thurleigh to create an extended runway.
If you plan to go to the festival anytime give me a shout and pop round for a cuppa or a drink.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, lots of great times ar Thurliegh, only two of us in my year as Aircraft apprentices. Lots of "very interesting" things going on. I will have to go into the museum one day, as its only 40 minutes away.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Vmaybe you should cash in on the Woosiefest?

Are you suggesting PCv should subcontract the PC rally to us Woosies. Hmmm....interesting..

We could organise a Woosie pot emptying competition. Or a latrine digging race...
Mel

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I reckon we could get that from manufacturers and dealers. Bring in alaska TV to film and get some channel 5 backing as well. :silly:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts