Onsite TV service

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The only things we have had nicked in the past 20 years is the water pump and a gas cylinder. Actually they swapped the water pump and left their faulty one in its place.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
The only things we have had nicked in the past 20 years is the water pump and a gas cylinder. Actually they swapped the water pump and left their faulty one in its place.
Shocking how people can do that, thought it was a Camping/Caravan code stealing should never happen!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Shocking how people can do that, thought it was a Camping/Caravan code stealing should never happen!
I have heard of many things going missing. In some cases it has been people that are off side coming onto the site to do the stealing during the night. Still nothing to worry about. If your dish got stolen, simply replace it with another.

Just remembered an incident many years ago that while on a site, some kids were kicking a ball and knocked over our dish with the ball breaking the LNB. However in 20 years it was a freak accident and unlikely to happen to most people.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Morning all,

The Falcon QS65 Satellite was delivered yesterday and was having some issues, I gave up and will look at it again today.

I tried setting everything up correctly, pointed the Sat in the correct direction and tried to scan on our 24EE2UM Sharp TV using the Sat 28 feature, it found 1/1 Satellites but no programs after scan. I also don’t know how to set the TV to BBC1 without having to scan first, which is what Falcon suggest to do so your aware when the TV channel is on?

My set up consists of Sat > falcon cable to battery box > Sat output inside caravan converted over to coaxial > cable then into back of coaxial point on TV.

The cheap looking Sat Finder, is this supposed to be switched on, or is it powered by the signal going through the Sat cable from TV to Sat? I can see it has a volume control on the side but no click to turn on. I had this connect between the Sat and cable to TV but no matter how slow, I was moving the Sat there was no movement on the needle.

IMG_1316.jpeg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sadly I learnt the hard way years ago.

The cheapo sat finders are junk,. Our Sproket recommended this firm to me .

The ones just under £100 are preloaded with various satellite codes so you can choose which one to track .. The cheapos pick up every thing and don’t tell you the identity of the one you lock onto!
We use our Sky HD plus box and similar to Clive a Maxview 65 cm elliptic on a tripod. Usually I can find the satellite within 20 seconds.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Sadly I learnt the hard way years ago.

The cheapo sat finders are junk,. Our Sproket recommended this firm to me .

The ones just under £100 are preloaded with various satellite codes so you can choose which one to track .. The cheapos pick up every thing and don’t tell you the identity of the one you lock onto!
We use our Sky HD plus box and similar to Clive a Maxview 65 cm elliptic on a tripod. Usually I can find the satellite within 20 seconds.
Going to give it another go today :giggle:

I had the Satellite facing the correct way, and the angle was correct at 23, searching for Astra 28

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Saxo remind where you are geographically?
The angle of elevation varies North to South. Remember there are a few satellites around the 28 deg mark. The Astra 2E being 28.2 Eurobird 28.5 etc. This makes it hard to capture the correct one easily with the meter you are using.Good luck, don’t give up, patience😉

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Saxo remind where you are geographically?
The angle of elevation varies North to South. Remember there are a few satellites around the 28 deg mark. The Astra 2E being 28.2 Eurobird 28.5 etc. This makes it hard to capture the correct one easily with the meter you are using.Good luck, don’t give up, patience😉
We are currently at Whitemead Caravan Site in England, near Lydney, the Scarborough from Mon to Fri

Just out of curiosity, must the Satellite have a clear view of the sky, or can it be through trees branches?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The cable goes from the Sat to the battery box RF inlet connection, then cable from the indoor RF point to a converter to Coaxial then directly into the back of the TV
I would bypass all the above and feed the signal direct into the TV. That way you eliminate anything that may be causing an issue and also prove that the sat dish is working okay. We used a Sky box with cabling direct into the box and then to the TV. No issues.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are currently at Whitemead Caravan Site in England, near Lydney

Just out of curiosity, must the Satellite have a clear view of the sky, or can it be through trees branches?
Preferably a clear view as a dish that small it may not be capable to handling a poor signal due to trees.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
I would bypass all the above and feed the signal direct into the TV. That way you eliminate anything that may be causing an issue and also prove that the sat dish is working okay. We used a Sky box with cabling direct into the box and then to the TV. No issues.
I’ve just purchased the below, so hopefully that will aid me quicker in setting it all up. It arrives tomorrow to a locker. This was a meter on @Dustydog link he just posted.

IMG_1317.jpeg

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Saxo,
If I have understood your post coorectly you are running satellite signal from dish into the van and then switching from satellite connector to co axial socket on back of TV, if this is correct how are you converting the satellite signal in to a picture, you will need either a TV with built in Freesat or a Freesat box.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Saxo,
If I have understood your post coorectly you are running satellite signal from dish into the van and then switching from satellite connector to co axial socket on back of TV, if this is correct how are you converting the satellite signal in to a picture, you will need either a TV with built in Freesat or a Freesat box.
My thoughts exactly which is why I suggested bypassing all the unnecessary stuff and connecting direct to TV if it has a Sat connection. Otherwise it simply with not work.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi Saxo,
Hi @woodsieboy

I have the below Television

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We often go to a site almost across the river from Lydney and the dish should be pointing across the River Severn.

By the way why not use an app called Satfinder. It is free and very accurate and a lot cheaper than any sat finder. Available on Play Store.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts