Onsite TV service

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
We often go to a site almost across the river from Lydney and the dish should be pointing across the River Severn.

By the way why not use an app called Satfinder. It is free and very accurate and a lot cheaper than any sat finder. Available on Play Store.
I was Buckman, but was still having some issues.

Will be having a proper go at it again today, think we’re going for a drive into Wales

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Saxo
I can't see any mention of built in Freesat in the TV specs, it mentions that you can connect sat box via HDMI port, so I suspect it does not have a built in Freesat,is there a screw on satellite connection on the back of the TV? if not I fear you are in for more expense as you will need a Freesat or Sky box

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
By the way do you have an old Sky+HD box that you could use? If so, then satellite cable into the back of the box and RF out to TV. If no RF then you use HDMI connection from the box to the TV. If I remember correctly when moving the sat dish to pick up the signal, when you get to the Astra sat, two bars appear on the screen. I may have a spare box that you could collect on your way to Scarborough.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi Saxo
I can't see any mention of built in Freesat in the TV specs, it mentions that you can connect sat box via HDMI port, so I suspect it does not have a built in Freesat,is there a screw on satellite connection on the back of the TV? if not I fear you are in for more expense as you will need a Freesat or Sky box
IMG_3846.jpeg

IMG_3847.jpeg

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi Saxo
I would have thought that if it has the sat input, it would have Freesat? The park is surrounded by trees so that could be another issue. I wonder if anyone else has a satellite dish up i.e. nearby house?

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
If my TV has no Freeview, then I’ll be inclined just to send the Sat back

I thought most TV’s after 2010 had Freeview now built in, also the manual states this

IMG_1318.jpeg

IMG_1319.jpeg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’ve just purchased the below, so hopefully that will aid me quicker in setting it all up. It arrives tomorrow to a locker. This was a meter on @Dustydog link he just posted.

View attachment 7361
Well done. So you connect the meter direct to the dish, nothing else connected, choose the satellite and as you slowly move the dish bingo👍Depending on the signal strength you may need to tweak the angle of elevation.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....the OP appears to be confusing Freeview with Freesat.
I would seem to me his TV set will only work from his caravan's in built aerial.
To work with his Satellite dish he would need a Sky or other Sat box.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
.....the OP appears to be confusing Freeview with Freesat.
I would seem to me his TV set will only work from his caravan's in built aerial.
To work with his Satellite dish he would need a Sky or other Sat box.

Oh for god sake!!

Well if that’s the case then I would be as well sending it all back

Urghhh

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Oh for god sake!!

Well if that’s the case then I would be as well sending it all back

Urghhh
Hang on a minute . Let’s check your TV spec.
Bill is correct. One of our TVs has Freesat and does need an F plug and dish to work
What is your Sharp model number?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well done. So you connect the meter direct to the dish, nothing else connected, choose the satellite and as you slowly move the dish bingo👍Depending on the signal strength you may need to tweak the angle of elevation.
That’s exactly what I used to do. At a new site I would look up the direction and angle for the satellite from a website, and just move the satellite dish gently until the satellite finding meter squawked. No need to keep going back and forth to look in the window to see what the tv was doing. Easy peasy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Saxo
The picture of the back of your set shows your cable plugged in to the co axial port, next to it is a threaded port with 'sat in', I would connect the satellite lead from your dish to that and see what happens, assuming you get a signal from your dish on your meter as per Dusty Dog, The next thing will be to go into settimgs on yourTV you should see something like 'tune aerial' or 'tune Freesat' choose Freesat and tune in on auto tuning, you should get over 100 TV channels and also radio channels.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi Saxo
The picture of the back of your set shows your cable plugged in to the co axial port, next to it is a threaded port with 'sat in', I would connect the satellite lead from your dish to that and see what happens, assuming you get a signal from your dish on your meter as per Dusty Dog, The next thing will be to go into settimgs on yourTV you should see something like 'tune aerial' or 'tune Freesat' choose Freesat and tune in on auto tuning, you should get over 100 TV channels and also radio channels.
It’s ok bud it comes from the Sat in and converted with a plug

IMG_3787.jpeg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A quick look at the Sharp spec ,it is silent on Freesat. Yes it has Freeview which is different as Bill explained. Then it says it has a satellite input.
  • Satellite input for expanded viewing options
That alone doesn’t mean it has Freesat.
May be a quick call to the dealer or manufacturer will clear this up once and for all.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A quick look at the Sharp spec ,it is silent on Freesat. Yes it has Freeview which is different as Bill explained. Then it says it has a satellite input.
  • Satellite input for expanded viewing options
That alone doesn’t mean it has Freesat.
May be a quick call to the dealer or manufacturer will clear this up once and for all.
Is there anything else that a Sat input could be used for besides Freesat?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Is there anything else that a Sat input could be used for besides Freesat?
Connecting the socket to say a Sky box . That in itself doesn’t give Freesat. Just checked our main house Sony and that definitely has Freesat connected with a single F plug from the dish alone.
I guess Saxo will have to try it out or ask the dealer etc. strange the actual spec doesnt say Freesat🙉
Not sure who is more confused now😉

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts