PC Rally 2012

Page 8 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
How about one of these in woosie pink
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif
Handy for walking the dog & keeping dry
smiley-laughing.gif
Or many other things..........
41nA3KXhTnL._SS400_.jpg

Pink Umbrella hat
smiley-laughing.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Di said:
Hi Mel
No special rally wear that I know of, and have been last couple of years.
Getting things ready this weekend too. Don't know if you found the same have to pack more for for the puppy than anybody else..... how can something so small cause such havoc!!! LOL
See you soon
Di

OH having a meltdown at logistics of now having to get everything and the dog crate into the back of the car. Love the picture of your pup.
mel

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Arriving Fri evening, weather permitting and hoping we can get the van out of the storage field! Still debating whether to bring the awning as we don't have an awning strap. Todays job - waterproof shoes, coats and anything else i can find. Is field 5 on a slope? Is there a quiz Fri evening and where, etc?

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
crazyguider mentioned she does'nt have awning strap , you can buy most caravan or camping related stuff in Stowfords well stocked accessory shop ,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Arriving Fri evening, weather permitting and hoping we can get the van out of the storage field! Still debating whether to bring the awning as we don't have an awning strap. Todays job - waterproof shoes, coats and anything else i can find. Is field 5 on a slope? Is there a quiz Fri evening and where, etc?
Just take your time and have a nice safe journey. The awning is a good place to leave muddy shoes and boots even when it's stopped raining, there is a woodland walk that you might enjoy but which might be a bit muddy.
Field 5, like the other fields, is sloping depending on where your pitch is and I'd suggest that you take levelling ramps and some blocks for corner steadies. If you're short of blocks ask the site empoyees in one of the Land Rovers who tow the storage caravans out. They usually have a ready supply of wooden blocks and are friendly and helpful.
Practical Caravan usually hold a meet and greet evening, often with a quiz, on the Friday evening in 'The Barn'.
When you arrive to book in to the site office tell them that you're one of us and they will give you an information pack with everything that you need to know ( except how to get Nigel Donnelly to buy a pint
smiley-wink.gif
)
I'm sure that you'll enjoy the rally and the forumites will enjoy meeting up with each other.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
Practical Caravan usually hold a meet and greet evening, often with a quiz, on the Friday evening in 'The Barn'.

Mirror on the wall who's the prettiest Woosie of them all?
smiley-wink.gif

Could be a quiz question
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My home, Cricklade, is the first town on the River Thames.
After six days of torrential rain I noticed this morning the river has burst its banks in three places and the surrounding firleds are water logged.
I hope Stowford wont be a washout
smiley-wink.gif

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
My home, Cricklade, is the first town on the River Thames.
After six days of torrential rain I noticed this morning the river has burst its banks in three places and the surrounding firleds are water logged.
I hope Stowford wont be a washout
smiley-wink.gif
, -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope so to DD , not all areas are getting this bad weather , it was only yesterday that we got heavy rain , last week they gave us a horrendous forecast , but it was the complete opposite , just the odd misty spitty rain on the odd day , last year at Stowford my friends were on a hard standing up by the Marquee and it was freezing in the wind , but where we were pitched it was sheltered and i was enjoying the sunshine with my shirt off and wearing shorts , i have got the same pitch for this year cos its screened by a hedge , just hoping the ground is not boggy

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Updated list:
Joeby 300
Mel 339
Kev 392
DD 335
Parksy 338
Di 342
Sir WC Field 5
Surfer 424
Marbru 442 (Surfer's SIL & BIL)
Brum 441H
Nigel Donnelly: cast into outer darkness
Sir Gab 340
Sir Mucky pup 336
Deli Dave BP124
Sir WC kopite 364
Gafferbill 400
crazyguider BP83H

I cannot find Brum or Crazyglider's pitches on site map as similar comes up showing them as being seasonal pitches? I see Deli Dave has chosen to be pitched close to being the Outer Hebrides!
See you Wednesday!

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Gagakev
I just checked the site map. We are on field 5, but I think it's hard standing, not seasonal pitch. I'm glad I checked 'cos now I can only hope that it won't be too boggy round the 'van! If it is, we'll have to dig a trench!! At least we're not too far away from it all.
Also - does anyone know a good cake shop? It's my sons birthday on the 8th, and I don't think I'll have time to cook him one in the van...(just kidding).
SO looking forward to Friday and meeting everyone - the sun is ACTUALLY shining here, now. Fingers crossed it stays out for the next 10days+.
Cheers
Claire

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Arrived at Stowfolot Sunday pm. weather - wind and rain horrible. Too windy to put awning up, still is, but mainly dry now. Site is in amazingly good condition considering how wet it's been (170% of usual rainfall for April here) . Had a walk round site last night, and there are alot of awnings down and destroyed, amongst the permanently sited vans. But I suppose that's the risk they take when leaving the awnings unattended. Weather brightened now in fact sunny periods but still very windy.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Surfer said:
Updated list:
Joeby 300
Mel 339
Kev 392
DD 335
Parksy 338
Di 342
Sir WC Field 5
Surfer 424
Marbru 442 (Surfer's SIL & BIL)
Brum 441H
Nigel Donnelly: cast into outer darkness
Sir Gab 340
Sir Mucky pup 336
Deli Dave BP124
Sir WC kopite 364
Gafferbill 400
crazyguider BP83H

I cannot find Brum or Crazyglider's pitches on site map as similar comes up showing them as being seasonal pitches? I see Deli Dave has chosen to be pitched close to being the Outer Hebrides!
See you Wednesday!

We are on field 3, in the corner, marked as blue. It is a hardstanding pitch (hence the H)

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Also - does anyone know a good cake shop? It's my sons birthday on the 8th, and I don't think I'll have time to cook him one in the van
Cheers
Claire
My birthday's on the 4th. Will you be getting a cake for me as well, please??

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
See you Wednesday!

I didnt choose,thats what I was given
smiley-laughing.gif
I will be well done in after Ive visited the round table

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
For those of you who need a few bargains when at Stowford your local Lidl stores are below
smiley-laughing.gif

1.gif;jsessionid=E132E4462203E9238481923051EBA46A
Wilder Road
Ilfracome Devon/EX34 8BSDistance: 4.2 milesSelect store
2.gif;jsessionid=E132E4462203E9238481923051EBA46A
Barnstaple Retail Park, Station Road
EX31 2BP Devon/Sticklepath, BarnstapleDistance: 6.1 milesSelect store
3.gif;jsessionid=E132E4462203E9238481923051EBA46A
Old Station Road
Barnstaple Devon/EX32 8GWDistance: 6.2 milesSelect store
4.gif;jsessionid=E132E4462203E9238481923051EBA46A
New Street
EX38 8BX TorringtonDistance: 15.1 milesSelect store

As there are a few bargains to be had on the 7th of may
Bargains gallore

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Sprocket!!!
Now I will have to get up early and beat everyone else to the store,
thought I would get a couple of the folding crates,
so make sure you leave me some folks, got the cooler last year and it keeps my beer at the temp I like
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Hi Gagakev
I just checked the site map. We are on field 5, but I think it's hard standing, not seasonal pitch. I'm glad I checked 'cos now I can only hope that it won't be too boggy round the 'van! If it is, we'll have to dig a trench!! At least we're not too far away from it all.
Also - does anyone know a good cake shop? It's my sons birthday on the 8th, and I don't think I'll have time to cook him one in the van...(just kidding).
SO looking forward to Friday and meeting everyone - the sun is ACTUALLY shining here, now. Fingers crossed it stays out for the next 10days+.
Cheers
Claire
Hi Claire, think it was Surfer who wanted to track you down
smiley-laughing.gif

Indeed your pitch is hardstanding, the feild you and Deli Dave are on has the newest and poshest amenities block so no need to worry about the Woosie pot, you wont need to use it if you dont want to.

Perhaps i can help with the cake as well, will this be alright
2.gif

See you at the Stowfolot round table, Cheers

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
crazyguider said:
Also - does anyone know a good cake shop? It's my sons birthday on the 8th, and I don't think I'll have time to cook him one in the van
Cheers
Claire
My birthday's on the 4th. Will you be getting a cake for me as well, please??
Ok . I own up.
My birthday is the 5th May.
Looks like a big party is on the horizon
smiley-cool.gif

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Can Gabs grandad give us an update on conditions.According to the TV its likely to flood at exeter and Devon is getting torrential rain.We are due to leave tomorrow and wondering if its better to stay at home

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
Can Gabs grandad give us an update on conditions.According to the TV its likely to flood at exeter and Devon is getting torrential rain.We are due to leave tomorrow and wondering if its better to stay at home

Have a look here. Thursday not too nice, but then okay afterwards.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Sat in van now, rain is clearing as forecast. Has rained all night, but winds have now gone. Sky is brightening, local weather forcast is for rain to move N., already cleared most of Devon. Sunny periods expected shortly. Field still in very good state, considering, - no visible standing water anywhere. In fact site still remarkably good. Guy arrived yesterday evening top of field - put awning up- no problems. My job soon (My only problem is signal, out of range of site wifi, all I've got is GPRS Orange and keep loosing that. ) I have no problem with saying - come - weather improving and field alot better than you would think.
See yer??

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad , if u sit up near the phone boxes you will get the site wii fi , i used to park up there and use my laptop , we hope to be there around mid day wednesday , i want to try and get the awning before the rain comes in

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts