Re-routing the waste pipes under the caravan

Jul 4, 2023
Visit site
Hi All, I often use fully service pitches and find that most of them have the drains at the rear. Sometimes the fall for the drainage is'nt that great when running flexi of rigid (or a combination of both) resulting in slow drainage at the sinks in the van. I just wonder if anyone has moved them to the rear of the van? I have seen some caravans with them at the back, but the majority are at the side. Also on sites where they tell you to put the grey waste in the hedge (not that I am advocating this from an environmental point of view) The drainage point would be better at the back! Any thoughts or experience of this are gladly welcomed in advance. Cheers Nick

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This current thread might be of help. There are others too which a Forum search will find.

Jul 4, 2023
Visit site
This current thread might be of help. There are others too which a Forum search will find.

Thanks Clive

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I use several lengths of rigid plastic waste pipes and connectors which (when used with wooden blocks) gives a decent pipe run to the drain. Whenever I've had a caravan with them at the back I've moved them to the side to prevent problems on some sloping pitches (less of a problem on fully serviced pitch admittedly).

Jul 4, 2023
Visit site
I use several lengths of rigid plastic waste pipes and connectors which (when used with wooden blocks) gives a decent pipe run to the drain. Whenever I've had a caravan with them at the back I've moved them to the side to prevent problems on some sloping pitches (less of a problem on fully serviced pitch admittedly).
Thanks for the advice Gary

Jul 4, 2023
Visit site
Hi Buckman. Yeah, I have these and also the awning rail sliding ones that are straps at different lengths. (link here) It was really about speeding up the drainage. I think I need to revisit the fall of the pipes under the van to aid gravity. Cheers, Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts