Small Vacuum Cleaner

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
We're looking for a small but efficient vac to clean the carpet in the 'van. I think we have two so far but neither work properly. Anybody suggest a make that they use and are pleased with? Needs to be an upright model as getting up off my knees is getting harder by the year!

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Have a look in Tesco ,as long as you get one with around about 1000watt you should be ok ,Our local tesco have some nice ones at the mo .

good luck Sir Roger

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
We have a "Swivel Sweeper" - if you google it you'll get the idea. Operated by a re-chargable battery, breaks down into bits for easy storage - effective, just the thing for the van.

The amount of crud that comes up is impressive, however, being an old fashioned maid you can't beat a stiff handbrush! (p.s. we don't have any pets so can't vouch for it in this respect)

Val.

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
We have a "Swivel Sweeper" - if you google it you'll get the idea. Operated by a re-chargable battery, breaks down into bits for easy storage - effective, just the thing for the van.

The amount of crud that comes up is impressive, however, being an old fashioned maid you can't beat a stiff handbrush! (p.s. we don't have any pets so can't vouch for it in this respect)

Val.
Hi Iestyn

My SWMBO picked up a small, hand held vacuum cleaner on our last trip to Lakeland Ltd.

She says it's brilliant for the 'van, has nozzle /crevice tools and comes with 6 metres of cable (she can vac out the car too!).

Here's the link if you want to check it out on line

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/hand-held-turbo-vac/F/keyword/vacuum cleaner/product/1441
It may not be the cheapest about, but it easily fits under the dinette seat and is pretty lightweight and so stays in the 'van.

Good luck

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
Oops! Should have posted a Reply, not a comment.

Hi Iestyn

My SWMBO picked up a small, hand held vacuum cleaner on our last trip to Lakeland Ltd.

She says it's brilliant for the 'van, has nozzle /crevice tools and comes with 6 metres of cable (she can vac out the car too!).

Here's the link if you want to check it out on line

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/hand-held-turbo-vac/F/keyword/vacuum cleaner/product/1441
It may not be the cheapest about, but it easily fits under the dinette seat and is pretty lightweight and so stays in the 'van.

Good luck

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
We have tried two supermarket pullalong hoovers, they wern't very good as regards doghairs,and grass walked in. We bought a small Goblin1300W, with extension tubes. MAGIC, and you stand up.It also fits in under the bunk.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts