Sterling water pump problem

May 5, 2018
Visit site
I have a 2016 Sterling elite 560 & have a problem with water pump. The van has the fitting pic 1 on outside of van for shower attachment & I need to change it to a housing pic 2 that can pump from aquaroll but I can't find a plug behind housing for electrics to housing.
2ymuh4o.jpg

2s17ho5.jpg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Kevin,

I will start by saying I am not familiar with either your caravan or the details of the water system, but becasue the shower housing (pic 1) has no electrical contacts, I will have to assume that your pump is controlled by a pressure switch which will be located close to your present water pump.

This would explain why there are no wires close the the shower out let.

I'm not certain that you can simply swap the shower outlet for a pump input, becasue they are doing exactly opposite things, and the pipework may not be connected to allow it to receive water being pumped into the system at that point. There could be check or Non Return Valves that may prevent reversing the flow of water in the showers pipework.

If however your idea is correct, then you would have to put in a pair of wires in parallel to your current pumps connections to the new water inlet terminals.

May 5, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for your input. The manual clearly shows truma ultraflow water hose for aqua roll with 2 electrical spade connectors.the van does not have a onboard tank.looks like trip to dealers.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
kevin1959 said:
Thanks for your input. The manual clearly shows truma ultraflow water hose for aqua roll with 2 electrical spade connectors.the van does not have a onboard tank.looks like trip to dealers.

Do you have any kind of attachment for your aquaroll? My Sprite has the Truma ultraflow with an onboard pump. Therefore the external connection has no electrical contact and the intake pipe terminates in a glorified strainer. It could be confused for a shower connector.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a 2008 Sterling Europa with an on board water pump that draws water from the aqua roll with the connections shown above, my shower runs off the water drawn from the aqua roll if I wanted a cold shower like I would today , if I wanted a hot shower then I would put the water heater on which would of been filled when I initially connected the aqua roll to the system when first arriving on site,

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
That pump in the above picture drops in to aqua roll and attached to the side of the caravan no electical wires at all but then you need to go on the inside of your van and switch the pump on to start it working , make sure that your dump valve is shut or the pump will pull the water through , you will hear the pump running but your water will just go straight to the drain valve and out !
We have no separate connection or separate pump for the shower either, all my water works off that one fitting that goes into the aqua roll .
Good luck .
Craig .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
camel said:
That's not a pump,but a filter, the pump is in the front of the van more than likely on the N/S ,

Agree it's an inlet hose with a strainer. Ours is identical and the pump sits inboard under the front locker adjacent to the hot water heater tank.

May 5, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, I will order the inlet hose. The shower I referred to plugs into housing outside to wash boots etc not the shower inside van.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
kevin1959 said:
Thanks for the suggestions, I will order the inlet hose. The shower I referred to plugs into housing outside to wash boots etc not the shower inside van.

I belive the outdoor shower uses the same Truma connector but would be a separate panel on the caravan wall.

Did your Sterling not come with the inlet hose?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I've never actually noticed on mine whether I can put an attachment onto that but I will look next time we have it out ?! Custard Avenger , is yours like that or just a normal water intake?
A slight Curiosity thanks !! :blink:

Craig .

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
I've never actually noticed on mine whether I can put an attachment onto that but I will look next time we have it out ?! Custard Avenger , is yours like that or just a normal water intake?
A slight Curiosity thanks !! :blink:

Craig .

Hi Craig,

Just been outside an had a look - I have the original recipe Sprite, so there are no other external flaps on the offside except for the battery box, water inlet and the cassette toilet/flush tank openings.
The cover says "Truma - Ultraflow Water Intake" and has the sticker on the inside "To be used with drinking water only"... But it does have the shower icon above the inlet port... This is definitely the correct port for water.

I can only assume that they use the same panel as the external shower for the water intake when used with an internal fixed pump as no electrical connectors are needed (saving money on the moulds!) for a submersible pump.

Paul.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
On my Coachman 560 the Truma water point, has the water inlet from the aqua roll, ( pump on the end of the hose and electrical connectors,) the cap of the water filter and the outside shower connection, blanked off. All under one cover flap.
I Can't post photos again as Chrome has updated again. :woohoo:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thats what I was using Craig, Postimg.org, changed back to older version of Chrome and it works as soon as it updated to version 126, it freezes.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
On my Coachman 560 the Truma water point, has the water inlet from the aqua roll, ( pump on the end of the hose and electrical connectors,) the cap of the water filter and the outside shower connection, blanked off. All under one cover flap.
I Can't post photos again as Chrome has updated again. :woohoo:

Took some pictures of the water inlet... but I don't know if you can host images from Google Drive... so here is the link

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1LUTcAgPpwivYa4w4Ah-2ABRwII511YqG
Shower icon and all...

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Good Photos custard, the Truma connection is the one with the electrics fot the Drop in water pump to the aqua roll. And the shower connection is the same but without the connectors.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts