The MG4 EV is the Car of The Year in the Parkers New Car Awards 2024

Page 8 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Let’s see what they are like in three years time? I wonder what the rate of depreciation will be?
I guess depreciation will find its own level as more come onto the roads. But I bet a 40k Astra depreciates pretty quickly too, and it’s is considerably more expensive than the Chinese equivalent.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I guess depreciation will find its own level as more come onto the roads. But I bet a 40k Astra depreciates pretty quickly too, and it’s is considerably more expensive than the Chinese equivalent.
And the Astra rates 99/100 in the U.K. car reliability tables. Best we close this discussion please .

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
However they still carry the same designation. Where are they manufactured?
They carry the same designation in the same way the Ford Mustang does. The original Mustang has zero resemblance to the 80s version which has zero resemblance to the current version in anything but name, styling and target market.
The 1990s V40 was actually a joint venture with Mitsubishi (the Gallant I believe), and I drove one from 1999 to 2002 when I moved to the 2nd generation V70.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Do people who lease their cars really care. Change for a new one.
Would it not affect your leasing charges? I've had high depreciating cars but not as new ones so someone else took the hit, and I bought cheaply. Viz Skoda Estelle, Ford Mondeo Gen1 and 2, Citroen BX16.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Would it not affect your leasing charges? I've had high depreciating cars but not as new ones so someone else took the hit, and I bought cheaply. Viz Skoda Estelle, Ford Mondeo Gen1 and 2, Citroen BX16.
No. You won’t know that the chosen untested car is a dog until the end of the three year lease. Then it will depreciate rapidly and future lease agreements will climb. Chicken and the egg😉

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
They carry the same designation in the same way the Ford Mustang does. The original Mustang has zero resemblance to the 80s version which has zero resemblance to the current version in anything but name, styling and target market.
The 1990s V40 was actually a joint venture with Mitsubishi (the Gallant I believe), and I drove one from 1999 to 2002 when I moved to the 2nd generation V70.
However the current Mustang is very much like the sixties Mustang. The eighties Mustang looked nothing like a muscle car and was not as popular.

Reactions: toad a caravan
Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
I have at present a L/H ford Orion a R/H Orion was used as a donor..IE to convert to R/H...This is my son's project however..the specs would be the same just design opposite orientation..
To put your mind at rest I served a recognised apprenticeship as a mechanical and electrical engineer.went to college.gained all relevant C and GS ,ulci credit and distinction.Employed for several years by a national trailer manufacturer.several year in motor industry support now retired with all my adult life to in mechanical engineering to draw on I hope that this is what you needed to know..Gary

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
To put your mind at rest I served a recognised apprenticeship as a mechanical and electrical engineer.went to college.gained all relevant C and GS ,ulci credit and distinction.Employed for several years by a national trailer manufacturer.several year in motor industry support now retired with all my adult life to in mechanical engineering to draw on I hope that this is what you needed to know..Gary
Not sure why you keep answering and quoting your own posts?

Reactions: toad a caravan
Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
On numerous different threads, you have quoted your own post and then supplied an answer and I am wondering why? It is confusing! :unsure:
Very sorry for any inconvenience incurred..I am using a phone ..not ideal I know..I know you don't like me repeating myself but would you specifically answer my last question please Gary

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Very sorry for any inconvenience incurred..I am using a phone ..not ideal I know..I know you don't like me repeating myself but would you specifically answer my last question please Gary
To be honest, I'm not sure what your question is? Your posts have been quite erratic and at times difficult to follow. Perhaps use a tablet or pc rather than a phone to make composing posts.

If your question is about the qualifications forum members have, then because the forum is anonynmised, there is no way anyone can verify what qualifications or experience anyone else may claim to have.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just wondering why. I do not recall asking at any time for your qualifications as that is none of my business.

Reactions: Dustydog
Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
On numerous different threads, you have quoted your own post and then supplied an answer and I am wondering why? It is confusing! :unsure:

To be honest, I'm not sure what your question is? Your posts have been quite erratic and at times difficult to follow. Perhaps use a tablet or pc rather than a phone to make composing posts.

If your question is about the qualifications forum members have, then because the forum is anonynmised, there is no way anyone can verify what qualifications or experience anyone else may claim to have.
Then whom so ever asked should of known better,moreso if they are experienced forum users unlike myself..thank you 😊Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts