Thinking of swopping Omega Estate for????

May 10, 2005
Visit site
I have had my 02plate Omega 2.2 sport Estate (Petrol)for 4 years now and am very pleased with it as both a solo and towing vehicle. The idea of changing cars has never crossed my mind until recently when I went up to my parents. My mum has recently come home after 6 weeks in hospital so I decided to take them out shopping. The problem is my mum's mobility is severly restricted and she now finds it almost impossible to get in and out of the Omega. So, I'm toying with the idea of changing it for something that would be easier for her to get in and out of. Any suggestions?

Always had an estate to accommodate my 5 dogs so need similar. Don't want to increase my current running costs, i.e. petrol, insurance. My unit has a MTPL of 1230kg. I would prefer a nose weight of more than the 75kg I currently have. Any suggestions?

I have had a look on PC towcar section, but don't know how these vehicles compare with my Omega. COuld really do with a database so I can see some sort of comparison. Is there one around or do I just start looking at garages?

Would welcome your ideas/thoughts?

Trisha

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Trisha,

I guees what you are after is something with a low entry height and wide access and adequate room to manouvre around the seating plus of course acres of segregated room for the dogs?

The Chrysler Grand Voyager would fit the bill so would the Merc Viano - both have sliding doors, cavernous load areas, are nice to drive with the high up view and the diesel versions would be more economic than the petrol Omega. You could use a step for entry through the sliding doors too.

The VW Caravelle and Citroen C8 might also be suitable, the C8 even comes with electric sliding doors and the VW has a nice flat floor but may be on the high side without a step.

All of them would tow your van with ease.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts