Tv mount

Oct 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I have a Bailey Pageant Series 7 Sancerre.
I was wondering if I could fix a tv mount to the wall rather than having the tv on the shelf? Has anyone ever done this and is there a specific mount to use??

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If a backing plate can be fitted behind the wall then there should not be a problem. We have a mount in the bedroom area on a wall adjoining the outer wall. It was glued and then screwed in place and is very secure for the 21" Avtex TV.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think your question would be better answered by the caravan manufacturer who will know how the relevant part of the wall is constructed and how it will (or won't) support the weight of a TV.

Don't forget that during towing the force any mass (Weight) produces changes due to the acceleration (i.e. vibrations) Newtonian physics tells us Mass(Often called weight) x Acceleration = force

Measurement's have shown that inside a towed caravan the accelerations due to vibrations can regularly reach 4G and occasionally 8G (over pot holes) making a a TV with a 4Kg Mass seem like 16 to 32KG mass hanging on a wall.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If a backing plate can be fitted behind the wall then there should not be a problem. We have a mount in the bedroom area on a wall adjoining the outer wall. It was glued and then screwed in place and is very secure for the 21" Avtex TV.
BTW never travel with TV mounted and remember it should not be fitted to an outside wall. Most 21" TVs will weigh under 4kgs. Our 28" weighs 3.9kg so not a great deal of weight or strain on the wall. Unfortunately you do not mention the size of TV you are considering.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Often you can get to the back of the wall, eg. In a wardrobe. In this way a spreader plate can be fitted in say 6mm ply. The wall will likely be hollow. A squirt of foam (not too much), will stop the wall crushing. This will carry the weight of the bracket but not the TV in motion. So use a form of quick release bracket.

These work very well. Come in fixed or swivel.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Often you can get to the back of the wall, eg. In a wardrobe. In this way a spreader plate can be fitted in say 6mm ply. The wall will likely be hollow. A squirt of foam (not too much), will stop the wall crushing. This will carry the weight of the bracket but not the TV in motion. So use a form of quick release bracket.

These work very well. Come in fixed or swivel.

John
We bought the Avtex one off Amazon as it seemed to give the best options for swivelling, tilting without being overly big. Very similar to this one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Part-King-...5263060&sprefix=avtex+bracket,aps,151&sr=8-10

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We bought the Avtex one off Amazon as it seemed to give the best options for swivelling, tilting without being overly big. Very similar to this one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Part-King-Bracket-Locking-100x100/dp/B07QGWVBBK/ref=sr_1_10?crid=3KKVZ046554LV&dchild=1&keywords=avtex+bracket&qid=1605263060&sprefix=avtex+bracket,aps,151&sr=8-10

Although that locks back I don’t think it’s a quick release. However a quick release plate can be added. But then that boost the cost!

John

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Almost all caravans where I can remember have had the TV bracket mounted on the side of a fitting like the wardrobe wall. This will be far stronger than the caravan wall. The only ones where there has been a wall mounting that I have seen are Eldiss models that can take large sets and have specific mountings fitted in the wall but have been fitted with extra bracing in the wall.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts