Vanmasters and administrators

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Seems the administrators were there this morning when a forum member called in about issues with his caravan. I wonder if they will be bought out again or whether it will close permanently this time?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Would not suprise me, they have a long history of failure, starting in the eighties when tomy green first started out with VanRoyce, that was latter purchased by swift. Be interesting to see if any of the big players are waiting in the wings to buy it up, shame really, excellent product, but with an eye watering price tag.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
In the current financial climate I cannot see anyone wanting to buy Vanmaster as they operated in a very limited market with little to atract the big boys. If they wanted to compete at that level it would be just as easy to modify their current designs and sell for a lot less. Only one left at that level is AS but cannot ever remember seeing one.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Update

It has been confirmed that James Sleight and Geoffrey Martin of Geoffrey Martin & Co., have been appointed as joint administrators of Vanmaster Ltd., as of Monday 29 April 2013, and Geoffrey Martin & Co., have now issued this statement:

Vanmaster Ltd statement 30.04.13

James Sleight and Geoffrey Martin of Geoffrey Martin & Co have been appointed as joint administrators of Vanmaster Ltd, which operates under the trading styles of Vanmaster Caravans and Bentley Motorhomes. The company employed 20 people on two sites in Wigan. All staff have been made redundant as ongoing production is not possible.

James Sleight, partner at Geoffrey Martin & Co, said: “The business entered administration due to a drop in orders and supplier issues which affected production. We are hopeful that a buyer can be found, as we believe that either or both businesses could be complementary to existing manufacturers or retailers.”

Anyone with outstanding deposits and orders, or with questions about warranties and servicing, should contact Geoffrey Martin & Co on 0113 244 5141

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
They offered a lifetime water ingress guarantee subject to certain criterion and a bill of £2000 for a reseal at year six. Always a shame to see a maker fail but at £35k a rich boys toy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts