Water system: what am I looking at and making good

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 29, 2024
Visit site
Is tank internal pump's outlet that unterminated blue pipe coming out top?. If so where is inflow pipe to fill it?.

You may find one of the long black joiners in middle of pipe section is non return valve.

The photos are little to focused on one area wider angle shots would be handy if you decide to post anymore.
It's all under a bench seat that doesn't really give me much room to work with. I can try to take wider shots but there might be loads in the way. Maybe a panoramic would work. Can try.

The internal tank does have two holes at the top with hose fitments, so there is one inlet and one outlet, to which the pump is connected.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Just isolated my HW cylinder and added drain valve. Previous owner had original electric 10L tank replaced with aftermarket 20L gas+electric. Installer removed drain valve saying it wasn't needed.
Now that can be drained that is 20kg saving, also makes work on water system lot easier.
Being able to isolate cylinder means not wasting time and using 20-30L to prime system, find waste lot water removing air from HW lines.

Will only use cylinder for showers on un serviced sited. Normally use kettle for HW to do dishes.

Found couple minor leaks in old plumbing from 2 Y joins. Will replace and use hose clamps. Currently have crimps on them. Not sure if they were leaking before or caused by me moving hoses around. Probably later aas before working on it system still had pressure after few days of pump being unplugged.
Simple way to determine if you have a leak is listen to pump or pressure regulator switch click on and off. Old caravan had light that activated with pump. If there is minor leak pump will activate every so often. Every few minutes you have problem, every hour or two in night probably OK.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just isolated my HW cylinder and added drain valve. Previous owner had original electric 10L tank replaced with aftermarket 20L gas+electric. Installer removed drain valve saying it wasn't needed.
Now that can be drained that is 20kg saving, also makes work on water system lot easier.
Being able to isolate cylinder means not wasting time and using 20-30L to prime system, find waste lot water removing air from HW lines.

Will only use cylinder for showers on un serviced sited. Normally use kettle for HW to do dishes.

Found couple minor leaks in old plumbing from 2 Y joins. Will replace and use hose clamps. Currently have crimps on them. Not sure if they were leaking before or caused by me moving hoses around. Probably later aas before working on it system still had pressure after few days of pump being unplugged.
Simple way to determine if you have a leak is listen to pump or pressure regulator switch click on and off. Old caravan had light that activated with pump. If there is minor leak pump will activate every so often. Every few minutes you have problem, every hour or two in night probably OK.
Hose clamps may not be that effective? The push pull clamps could be more effective?

TRENDING THREADS