Winter wheels

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have read recently about somebody having an insurance claim turned down because he had winter wheels fitted so was unable to fit his wheel clamp , does anyone now how we stand on this , I would be very interested as I fit them every year to allow me to store my wheels away from the weather.

Ron C

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ron

Hope this reply is not to late only just read it,

I have a friend that keeps his van at the rear of his house behind 8ft high gates it was stolen, the gates had not been touched so the only way this could be done is that a flat bed with a hyabe to lift it over the gates in daylight no one saw anything, as his van was on axle stands with wheels removed and stored in garage at first insurance refused payout be cause of no wheel clamp, however due to the cirumstances of the theft they did pay up after allmost a year.

It may be wise to discuss this issue withem before taking out any ploicy, you can make arrangments with most companies nowadys. Check around first it is safest.

Jim M

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
If you fit winter wheels and remove the road wheels you cant fit a wheel clamp. You can fit the Tight-On Hub Lock instead of a wheel clamp.

It is accepted by insurance companies, has a Sold Secure Gold Award and cant be removed by oxyacetylene cutting gear or professional tools.

It is advertised in PC Magazine Tel: 01924 278887

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts