CCG 21340 Truma Ultrastore 10 ltr

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Hi does anyone know if there's a reset switch on the above water heater? Worked fine then tripped out twice on our last expedition for some reason.And have read that a reset quite often works.Any helpful info in a remedy before lashing out 500 on a new one.I do know the element is no longer made unfortunately

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As far as I know there is not "Reset" switch on this model.

Can you be a bit more specific about how you were using the heater i.e. gas or Electric or both), and how you know the system had tripped?

I include this web site which lists the product and the spares that are available. click here

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
As far as I know there is not "Reset" switch on this model.

Can you be a bit more specific about how you were using the heater i.e. gas or Electric or both), and how you know the system had tripped?

I include this web site which lists the product and the spares that are available. click here
We set up after travelling to Bath did all the routine stuff ie water etc then after running the water through the taps switched on the electric and tripped, tried again and it did the same odd especially as our previous stay no issues at all...strange. It was running on both and the reason we know it tripped is because the RCD in caravan tripped and also tripped out the adjoining pitches as they weren`t individually isolated.ie there was one trip switch per three pitches whereby the guy on site had to reset it twice

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you.

It's now clearer what is happening. The caravan or Sites RCD is a safety trip to prevent any one from being fatally electrocuted when an appliance becomes faulty. - Be thankful the RCD is working as it might have saved someone from an electric shock.

Do not turn on the mains power to the Trumastore. It will still be safe to use on gas to heat the water.

Sadly its far from rare for Trumastore water heaters to develop faults on their heating elements, and the symptoms you have described suggest this is the case.

There is no reset switch that will cure this - it needs a replacement element.

Reactions: Dustydog
Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Thank you after several chats I came to the conclusion that its the element then after asking and searching it seems they don`t make that element any longer so it looks like a new boiler which is why i was asking if there was a simple fix like a reset button.Will use it on gas for now as new ones aren`t cheap and thanks for replying.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst Truma may not be manufacturing this model or spares any more, there might be a spare element at a dealership. It might be worth springing a few emails to some caravan workshops to see if any have one in stock.

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
I emailed Truma the same question re reset and this is the reply i had earlier today....I would recommend having the trip switch in your van checked as it could be a weak trip. There is no reset button on that unit

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The old element 70010-03000 850 watt .
Is now replaced by 70020- 00270 850 watt element
Available on eBay and other places from £99.00 upwards.
Good luck.

I remember on my previous Coachman that twice I connected up and had left the power on the Ultra store on and no water in it. There was a thermal reset , which operated automatically.

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
The old element 70010-03000 850 watt .
Is now replaced by 70020- 00270 850 watt element
Available on eBay and other places from £99.00 upwards.
Good luck.

I remember on my previous Coachman that twice I connected up and had left the power on the Ultra store on and no water in it. There was a thermal reset , which operated automatically.
Thanks but the current one is only 450watt which is why I can't get hold of one. Also grinding me as i could out lay 100 for an element but as its no longer available it looks like 500 for a water heater which i could do without tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Propex are a well respected make and produce an electric water storage heater in 6 or 10 litre size. They also do combined gas and electric but they are much more expensive.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I suspect Hutch is closer than you think.#9.
Have you asked Truma
if the 850 watt will fit?
Is the unit able to cope with the extra 400 watts.?
Can the caravan electrical system cope?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its always a difficult choice, new will be more expensive, it looks like some dealers are offering them around £400, and used ones seem to be 200 -250 ish,I have bought used items from SFM in the past and never had any problems, the cheapest way would be to carry on and use gas exclusively, also depends how long you want to keep the caravan, also the age of the caravan, if the heater has failed are other items likely to be on the way out due to age as well

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
I suspect Hutch is closer than you think.#9.
Have you asked Truma
if the 850 watt will fit?
Is the unit able to cope with the extra 400 watts.?
Can the caravan electrical system cope?
i thought that but someone said its a no go putting a 850 watt into it crazy when the new units look exactly the same.And yes i await an answer from Truma ref this idea.thanks

Reactions: Dustydog
Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Its always a difficult choice, new will be more expensive, it looks like some dealers are offering them around £400, and used ones seem to be 200 -250 ish,I have bought used items from SFM in the past and never had any problems, the cheapest way would be to carry on and use gas exclusively, also depends how long you want to keep the caravan, also the age of the caravan, if the heater has failed are other items likely to be on the way out due to age as well
good shout

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
We had both on and the electric tripped i`m sure we did everything correctly haven`t had chance to try since will be going again in 10 days we could just run it off gas

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts