electronic ingnition thetford fridge

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Has anybody had the same problem with their fridge as we are having with ours. For some reason whilst on electric hook up the fridge for no apparent reason the fridge keeps switching over to gas or battery. The gas to my fridge is switched off so the fridge does not light when it switches over. Is there a problem with these fridges or is up purely down to voltage dips. Everything else in the van seems to work fine.

Regards

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Sky box often switches off when on electric hook up which signifies a break in the 230V supply so maybe that is the problem with the fridge

If you have a 230V clock that you could plug(or on a microwave) it would tell you if the power had been cut

I often use the digibox via an inverter if its set to record when we are out

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Mine had the same problem. Drove me mad the first time out. However found the problem was Wife's belt buckle hitting the button whils making tea, Solution Stop wife from cooking,

or my preferd chioce

made a cover to protect the buttons, been fine since. I think this is a design fault and should have a button lock system

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Thanks For your replies. Maybe I was looking for a technical problem and missed an obvious one. Eating out for every night from now on. Then again we don't cook much in the caravan, but the kettle is near the fridge.

Regards

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts