NO BALL GAMES-YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED-ITS IN THE OFFICIAL CARAVA...

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i thought the caravan club was classed as `the friendly club`

after reading the posts,i`m pleased i cancelled my yearly subscribtion,after all,the sites are more suited to those who dislike children or quite simply snobs!

however ball games should be kept away from the caravans,but not banned,what about frisbees,kites etc

stick with haven sites i say,lots of noise with kids having fun as they should be because they`re on holiday,id rather see and hear kids having fun than listening to dam dogs barking early in the morning or through the night.

just my opinion
mick - the decision to not renew is entirely yours, but bear in mind that to get your own way in a club you have to have a good reason to change the rules and a majority of members to vote for you.

I think that you will regret leaving the CC, especially for the sake of educating your loved ones to obey the rules and have some manners and respect for others. Regards.

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
After a few hours in a reflective mood here goes,

For fear of contradicting myself the original point of mine was don't tar all young people with the same brush.

In my younger days if my parents said don't we did.If any adult said stop we did, and if the teacher said enough we listened, and the same goes for my children.

I agree that some adults are probably worse than children and how the hell do you tell the kids if their parents don't give a damn.

As for attitude I think that mine is probably the same as the next bloke, in todays world respect is something you earn not given on a silver platter.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
It really doesn't come down to screaming tots in the early hours, rowdy teenagers kicking off at all times, curtain twitchers looking for something to whinge about, dogs dumping when their owners pretend not to see it, cars exceeding the site speed limits, boozy loud mouthed people shooting off their gobs into the early hours, dogs running loose with the owners putting up two fingers to authority, campers who go out of their way to avoid saying "good morning".

It all comes down to respect and respect for yourself. When you have that you can then earn respect from others enabling them to respect you.

⇦ doing the gangsta rap ..... "rispect da mon o yo's a gunna be popped". hehheh :OP
well said lord B

Feb 8, 2007
Visit site
At the end of the day we all know it comes down to commonsense, and consideration for other people and there property. Why do people react so strongly to rules, they are there for the good of us all, would we really want to live in a lawless society? I think not, we all know the implications of that. What really annoys me on these threads is the few contributors no matter what the topic is about, have a "I know better attitude than you," feeling quite snug, brave & safe as they sit hiding behind there computer screens, taking it to irritating lengths to prove there point and that they are correct in all they say and do, and get personal if anyone dares to say different.

Berty.....

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It really doesn't come down to screaming tots in the early hours, rowdy teenagers kicking off at all times, curtain twitchers looking for something to whinge about, dogs dumping when their owners pretend not to see it, cars exceeding the site speed limits, boozy loud mouthed people shooting off their gobs into the early hours, dogs running loose with the owners putting up two fingers to authority, campers who go out of their way to avoid saying "good morning".

It all comes down to respect and respect for yourself. When you have that you can then earn respect from others enabling them to respect you.

⇦ doing the gangsta rap ..... "rispect da mon o yo's a gunna be popped". hehheh :OP
Thank you joby :O) - it was apt that I posted that on a Sunday because I felt like a Vicar dishing out the sermon ;O) hehheh!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Some of us have brought up todays caravanners already. In the good old day if an adult said to child that it as not a good idea to play in the toilet block, throw water from the water point or play around people vans and cars. Kids would have listened and respected the adult.

Now the adults can't even respect having their kids actions questioned and a few could do with a good slap along with their kids aswell! Who cares what type of site it is, no one wants to stop kids or adults having fun, but give a bit of thought to others re times and place!
I'm just hoping the few on here who can't accept such things as rules and think that posts about unruly kids means it's their kids the complaints are about will inwardly digest your post cris. Sometimes though when someone kicks off I think it hits a raw nerve with them and maybe by them retalliating it hides their own guilt of how they let their children behave.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well done Danny, it's a pity you didn't give yourself a few hours before posting when the red mist came down. Now that last post makes more sense.

Nobody has tarred anyones children in here, the whole post was about unruly children. When people snap in defence of their own kids it comes over as if if the cap fits wear it. What you have just posted are the same comments others have posted before you.

My attitude comment was because you posted the following...

So how do you eradicate this type of behaviour from irresponsible children and mindless parents ? GO TO A PARK WHERE CHILDREN ARE NOT WELCOME, THERE ARE PLENTY OUT THERE

inferring that those who oppose unruly kids should put up and shut up or bu**er off to adult sites.

Read all the posts and you will see that at no time do any of them refer to ALL children.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
mick - the decision to not renew is entirely yours, but bear in mind that to get your own way in a club you have to have a good reason to change the rules and a majority of members to vote for you.

I think that you will regret leaving the CC, especially for the sake of educating your loved ones to obey the rules and have some manners and respect for others. Regards.
Well said Shiraz.

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
I have always firmly believed that when it comes to animals out of control, you can't blame the animals - it's their owners. It's much the same with kids.

Everyone is entitled to live their lives without being hassled by others, whether they be kids or anyone else.

People in their caravans are not hassling anyone - kids who play football around them are. Full stop. The kids may know no better, the parents should...

No argument who is in the wrong and the sooner that PARENTS get this into their heads, the better this world (and caravan sites in particular) will be...

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Now please, please, please, all those with children please don't read into it that Colinn is attacking your personal parenting skills, because he isn't and neither are any of the other contributors to this thread who have posted about out of control children :O)

Deep breath, count to 10, re-read post and inwardly digest .... hehheh!

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
The answer to this is quite simple. If you want your children to be able to play ball games, stay clear of CC sites. Comercial sites dont seem to mind as long as its controlled. I have one grandchild that comes with us when we go on holiday. He knows no-one and I wouldnt dream of letting him roam around on his own. Therefore he has to stay with us. I equip him with a soft foam football and he is warned to stay clear of other vans. If the nearby vans objected I would stop him. No one ever has and I am not a huge,muscular gypsy type(I wish). I do how ever put time limits on him as I know the sound of a football being kicked can also get annoying. Never in the morning and never after five in the evening.

Don

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
Now please, please, please, all those with children please don't read into it that Colinn is attacking your personal parenting skills, because he isn't and neither are any of the other contributors to this thread who have posted about out of control children :O)

Deep breath, count to 10, re-read post and inwardly digest .... hehheh!
Mi'lord, I merely state the common courtesy that all people going about their peaceful business should be afforded....

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The answer to this is quite simple. If you want your children to be able to play ball games, stay clear of CC sites. Comercial sites dont seem to mind as long as its controlled. I have one grandchild that comes with us when we go on holiday. He knows no-one and I wouldnt dream of letting him roam around on his own. Therefore he has to stay with us. I equip him with a soft foam football and he is warned to stay clear of other vans. If the nearby vans objected I would stop him. No one ever has and I am not a huge,muscular gypsy type(I wish). I do how ever put time limits on him as I know the sound of a football being kicked can also get annoying. Never in the morning and never after five in the evening.

Don
Donald my youngest son many years ago had a football sized sponge ball and for anyone to complain about one of those they have to be a miserable bu**er although it's always best to keep away from other caravans. As far as noise is concerned from those sponge balls there isn't any so people can't complain about that either.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
So is playing cricket ok then ?
5518240335.jpg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why do we go away in our caravans? The simple answer is to enjoy the freedom of the holiday. Therefore on this topic common sense must prevail. A young child could be noisy at unreasonable hours - crying, etc. What is the definition of "young"? There is a world of difference to a young child crying, etc. to the annoyance of older children riding push bikes through caravan pitches, playing football, cricket, etc. near to caravans. This type of behaviour cannot be counted as acceptable, especially in this modern world of litigation should an accident occur. Could you sue the site owners because of this unruly behaviour or for an accident caused by these children?

Common sense must be the winner. In normal circumstances itis a pleasure to hear and see children playing. What annoys me more is the irresponsible parties that go on late into the night with music, drunken singing, etc. Also late night drunkards returning from the clubhouse swearing and singing. These are the ones who should be setting an example to the children. Thankfully in 38 years of caravanning we have not experienced any serious problems - far better than your lager louts in Spain.

On a further point of order from a "grumpy old man" I do not like to hear or read of children being referred to as "kids" - a kid is a young goat. Likewise children should not refer to their parents as "the old man" or "the old girl". Respect is what is called for and has unfortunately lost its meaning.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Why do we go away in our caravans? The simple answer is to enjoy the freedom of the holiday. Therefore on this topic common sense must prevail. A young child could be noisy at unreasonable hours - crying, etc. What is the definition of "young"? There is a world of difference to a young child crying, etc. to the annoyance of older children riding push bikes through caravan pitches, playing football, cricket, etc. near to caravans. This type of behaviour cannot be counted as acceptable, especially in this modern world of litigation should an accident occur. Could you sue the site owners because of this unruly behaviour or for an accident caused by these children?

Common sense must be the winner. In normal circumstances itis a pleasure to hear and see children playing. What annoys me more is the irresponsible parties that go on late into the night with music, drunken singing, etc. Also late night drunkards returning from the clubhouse swearing and singing. These are the ones who should be setting an example to the children. Thankfully in 38 years of caravanning we have not experienced any serious problems - far better than your lager louts in Spain.

On a further point of order from a "grumpy old man" I do not like to hear or read of children being referred to as "kids" - a kid is a young goat. Likewise children should not refer to their parents as "the old man" or "the old girl". Respect is what is called for and has unfortunately lost its meaning.
Come on Colin, I was called a kid when I was younger and I didn't think any the less of my parents. Likewise if Her Ladyship calls me the "old man" doesn't mean she is disrespecting me no more than if I call her "the Missus". We still love and respect each other. We can go too far in nit picking. Slang has been around a few thousand years now and we aren't going to change it. :O)

I happen to be the Chairman of the Goats Protection Society and have been fighting for years to get young goats to be called Junior because we are disrespecting them by calling them kids and they don't like it ;O)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
After seeing yesterday comments on my post I feel as though I've been elevated to the higher house like Lord B.

When visiting any site we give site rules a brief look over but generaly we seem to know how to behave and that means respect for others.

Having spent most caravanning time in recent years mainly in France and Europe we have become familiar with continental familes partying on a largish scale at many sites, but they seem to be able to drink and enjoy themselves and by 10 pm or so its as if a switch has been thrown as they keep their noise to a hushed murmer.

In the mornings if people caravans blinds are closed and the cars still there showing residents at home, generally you will not be disturbed and even little children seem to make the effort even when its 9 or 10 am. When any noise kicks off or there is rowdy behaviour you normaly find it's Brits involved.

What I don't understand is why people in Europe seem to respect others yet here it is some what different.

I'm not pointing a finger at any one here but we've also noticed the foul language from even very young kids/children. Angelic looking kids as soon as they are out of ear shot of their parents on site using the F word and others as a matter of course.

So when your kids get a strange sideways look or the silent behaviour from other campers, it might be worth wandering around and seeing how your kids behave and speak when you are not around!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
You dead right Cris,there's been quite a few times when we have been abroad ,when i have felt embarrased to be English ,we had our caravan damaged last year by a football in St Davids west Wales,it hit rear light the one near the roof allthough the lens wasnt broke the fibre glass surround was split three quarters the way around ,we were out at the time but our neighbour told us that some kids were retrieving a ball by our van ,it cost us over

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi All,

I have been reading all the comments about the footballs kicked against the vans etc. I agree kids should respect the property of others, if I found my two (6 & 7) purposly damaging or accidently damaging property they would be punished accordinly.

That said my wife and I are always careful on selecting a site with a play area for the kids, unfortunatley what it states in the broucher is not always true. For example Brown Moor club site in Hawes. The field made available for ball games was on a hill side falling towards a steadily flowing stream/river. No fence seperated the play area from the water. If the club states it has play areas for children they must therfore make sure it is safe for children to play.

Steve

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
Just in case there is anyone out there who thinks that their kids football bouncing gently off a caravan does no damage, we used to play football near Mum & Dads caravan, occasionally hitting it with no obvious marks but a year later circular patches of crazed paint appeared where the ball had hit. The paint on caravans is very much thinner than cars, minute scratches allow the aluminium to oxidise and flake the paint.

The only comments that we get about our 2 girls are that they are so well mannered and polite, "What!, Our kids!?, Polite? are you sure??"

Our freinds have boys that are not bad kids BUT they seem to be devoid of any spacial awareness or awareness of the consequences of their actions. Despite numerous "incidents" and being told off by their parents, they never seem to learn.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
"Spacial Awareness"

I think I know what you mean, my dad told me nicely to only play football in the park 50 yards from our home or something would get damaged, he meant me ;-) The next wrong move and I felt his hand and had my pocket money stopped until I'd paid for the damaged window and was not able to go on any trips out to the cinema or like for nearly 6 months in those days long ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts