One liners, Humour

Page 11 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Liquorice roots were imported from Spain many moon's ago and used in the manufacture of Pontefract cakes also known as Spanish button's (appro 30mm x6mm)..if you over indulged yourself getting to your Thetford in time would be a matter of good luck,if however you had a serious cough then you wouldn't need your Thetford as it would be to late..if any of you good people come across any (Spanish button's try some ,,,in moderation of course)..Kop Kops are similar tasting ..but I ain't going there 🙂🙂...Gary
Just to clarify liquorice was grown n the Pontefract area well into the 19th century and earlier. Pontefract cakes were used as sweets as the poor could not afford sugar. They were stamped out by hand to produce something similar to what you see today. Things changed in the late 1800's when a Mr Wilkinson bought a factory and mechanised the process. Older members will remember Wilkinson's Pontefract Cakes. Sadly production has moved abroad now.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sorry to be a killjoy and it is probably only me, but the one with the boat is not very appropriate considering a number of people lost their lives just over 48 hours ago and their loved ones are still suffering!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Two people are discussing the future of their pub.
The first says that they are losing lots of money and need to think of something.
The second suggests they turn it into a brothel.
The first says " don't be silly, if we cannot sell beer how on earth are we going to sell soup".

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My wife asked me for a bit of peace and quiet whilst she cooked dinner.
So I took the battery out of the smoke alarm.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Beyonce has lost her mobile and is very upset because it was the best one she had owned.
Her manager said he would ring her phone to locate it but she said it was on silent.
Her manager said "if you liked it that much why did you not put a ring on it" .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts