So what do you do for a living

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just trying to think of a way to "big" up my own job! You all seem to have very nice jobs or be really lucky and retired. Have had titles, such as technician, engineer, mechanic and layabout! Basically I have and can look after your land based telecomms, some equipment but manly the cabling side. If you see the BT gentleman, in the street staring at what appears to be a birds nest of wires in a cabinet, I'm the guy that sorts it out.

In my spare time I am a stunt double for the Swedish Chef and Animal from the Muppets.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
hi.. i must be the only person that as a job which is considerably slower than the speed most caravanners drive.. i drive a jcb.. so im usually the one at the head of a traffic jam.. sorry folks.. my partner is a part time secretary..

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Martyn

Did you have anything to do with the music firework display at Wellington Country Park during the summer 2 day concerts?
No. I find fireworks to music a bit tedious. I do it if I have to but there are hours and hours of work to be done programming music to computer firing systems which then basically fire the show for you. I prefer to be in there with me taper giving it the personal touch. I also much prefer small displays such as weddings, they are more interpersonal if you know what I mean.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So the Quantity surveyer turns up on site and says "yep I see 400 whatchyamacallits" and then the estimater manager turns up and says, "Yep that'll be enough" ?

I'm in the wrong industry!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
I'm not anything at the mo, but work in admin when I have a job!!!

Hubby is estimating manager (civil engineering) for uk company.
Marie

You are not in the St Helens area by any chance are you I need a credit controller....sorry is that an advert???????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Retired transport manager,but no-one told me that retirement was a full-time job! Twenty weeks in the caravan this year (so far). It's a hard life!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darrell,

It seems to me that queues always form behind J.C.B.s where there are lots and lots of those plastic cones. Do you get a free J.C.B. with every thousand cones or free cones with a J.C.B ?

Mike E

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I am a quality control inspector in a manufacture plant that makes very expensive pipes for the offshore industry and Lesley works as a pharmacy tech in a local hospital.

Marc

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I used to fit curtains to curtain side trailer. That was five years ago. I have not work sin has it did thing to my back which I get a lot of trouble with.

Trying to do a computer cores to get back to work but with me having dislexsyer . I am not doing it very well.

I fill I got to do soing as I am only 37 year old and do not wont to be left out to dry.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just trying to think of a way to "big" up my own job! You all seem to have very nice jobs or be really lucky and retired. Have had titles, such as technician, engineer, mechanic and layabout! Basically I have and can look after your land based telecomms, some equipment but manly the cabling side. If you see the BT gentleman, in the street staring at what appears to be a birds nest of wires in a cabinet, I'm the guy that sorts it out.

In my spare time I am a stunt double for the Swedish Chef and Animal from the Muppets.
Hi Lol, now I know where you get your "attitude" from, I'm a retired T.O.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts