Static Leaking roof

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi i was wondering if someone could help me out here as I’m new to owning a static caravan, every time it has been raining
and I’ve gone back to the caravan there is water coming from somewhere where boiler Is and it starting to make my ceiling
wet as there is signs of wetness . Can anyone help me out here.
kind regards

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi i was wondering if someone could help me out here as I’m new to owning a static caravan, every time it has been raining
and I’ve gone back to the caravan there is water coming from somewhere where boiler Is and it starting to make my ceiling
wet as there is signs of wetness . Can anyone help me out here.
kind regards

Could it be leaking around the boiler flue if it goes vertically through the ceiling. If so taping the area with Sylglas will help prevent more coming in. But as it’s a static I’m not really able to offer more advice as they differ from touring vans. Your best bet would be to contact a mobile engineer familiar with statics. If your on a static park there must be someone who comes in for servicing and repairs. Good luck damps not a nice thing. But you will need to address it as it will do permanent damage to the roof structure.

Reactions: Crane
Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
thanks for the reply it was very much appreciated. Yes it’s something that I have to address tomorrow when I go back to the site the weather here is horrible heavy rain I’m starting to panic as I’m new to this. Thanks again much appreciated.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Crane. Welcome to the forum. We are mostly tourers on here, so you may get more information from a static owners forum. However, I would concur with OC, get someone who knows about static caravan roofs to have a look and get it sealed up properly. Water ingress is not the thing to do a bodge job on. Good luck.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts