To book or not to book??

Page 11 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Prices do seem to have gone up this year. Looking at the magazines best sites guide, £40 appears the cost in high season at many sites and some are more.
However if you booked previously and paid a deposit, but then it had to be postponed through no fault of either party, surely they have to honour the old rates? If not, then I would think you are entitled to a full refund?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Two private sites are not taking bookings until the 17 th April but only if you agree to use your own bathroom facilities. If you want to use their facilities you can‘t book until 17th May. One is in West Sussex near Horsham. My calendar is marked and I will be the first on the phone on the 17 th April!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Two private sites are not taking bookings until the 17 th April but only if you agree to use your own bathroom facilities. If you want to use their facilities you can‘t book until 17th May. One is in West Sussex near Horsham. My calendar is marked and I will be the first on the phone on the 17 th April!

Strange - many sites are taking bookings now for periods after 12th April when they can reopen.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi DD i hope you get the pitch you require when you book on the 17th April good luck .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes that’s the same for the Clubs. The site we are booked in Yorkshire has peak season from 1 May but all communal facilities are closed until 17 May. So on 18 May we will have a long shower in the block before heading to the pub for a meal and drinks indoors and immune to northern weather.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes that’s the same for the Clubs. The site we are booked in Yorkshire has peak season from 1 May but all communal facilities are closed until 17 May. So on 18 May we will have a long shower in the block before heading to the pub for a meal and drinks indoors and immune to northern weather.
We will continue to avoid using communal blocks. Prefer the facilities inside the caravan anyway. :)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Here’s s one Roger
I'm sure you're right - but I see no sense in not taking advance bookings.

We're away from 12th April, using our own facilities as we always do - all our 2021 sites have been booked since last October but we've had to cancel up to 11th April.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We did a 3 week trip in between lockdowns last July and for the first time ever we used our own facilities, loo and shower and we made a decision that from there on we wouldn’t use the communal block on any sights, we’ve been to sites, such as at Eye Kettleby Lakes where the facilities are absolutely first class but I’d still use our own, I think there’s nothing as good as your own so whether showers etc are open or not is immaterial for us, an inside bar would be nice but I’d settle for an outside or failing that a few bottles v

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Strange - many sites are taking bookings now for periods after 12th April when they can reopen.
We booked in 2020 for the sites that we'll be staying on this year, beginning with our first break on 1st May.
We only had one minor hiccup.
The site in the Lake District that was postponed from June last year made a mistake with this years booking for June.
We can't find another week there this year on the pitch that we want, so we've moved that booking to June 2022.
This left a gap in our holiday plans for June, but we were able to book an alternative stay at Waterrow Touring Park with a fully serviced pitch for Whitsun week instead.
We stayed at Waterrow last October with the Woosies and we said that we'd like to go back there, but we didn't imagine it would be quite so soon.

Reactions: otherclive
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We booked in 2020 for the sites that we'll be staying on this year, beginning with our first break on 1st May.
We only had one minor hiccup.
The site in the Lake District that was postponed from June last year made a mistake with this years booking for June.
We can't find another week there this year on the pitch that we want, so we've moved that booking to June 2022.
This left a gap in our holiday plans for June, but we were able to book an alternative stay at Waterrow Touring Park with a fully serviced pitch for Whitsun week instead.
We stayed at Waterrow last October with the Woosies and we said that we'd like to go back there, but we didn't imagine it would be quite so soon.
You have just reminded me Parksy, we paid a deposit for the first planned Woosie Fest April last year and didn't use it, wonder if they will still honour it as think most of the other Woosies's used there's later in the year, think I will contact them, can only say No.

Reactions: Parksy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also paid a deposit at Eye Kettleby lakes and have eighteen months to use this for a break, We have until September this year to use this so planning when this can utilised .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Kevin. ......we still have an unused deposit at Waterrow paid for April 2020 which they are holding for a future booking .
You should be fine if you contact them.
You have just reminded me Parksy, we paid a deposit for the first planned Woosie Fest April last year and didn't use it, wonder if they will still honour it as think most of the other Woosies's used there's later in the year, think I will contact them, can only say No.
The owners seem like a nice helpful couple, with the added bonus of them being ex- Brummies.
I'm sure that they'll honour your deposit.
If you haven't been to Waterrow you won't be disappointed Kev.
Highly recommended 👍

Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The owners seem like a nice helpful couple, with the added bonus of them being ex- Brummies.
I'm sure that they'll honour your deposit.
If you haven't been to Waterrow you won't be disappointed Kev.
Highly recommended 👍
Hi Kev Like what Parksy said about Watterrow that a plus +1 from me we enjoyed our time there

Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We did a 3 week trip in between lockdowns last July and for the first time ever we used our own facilities, loo and shower and we made a decision that from there on we wouldn’t use the communal block on any sights, we’ve been to sites, such as at Eye Kettleby Lakes where the facilities are absolutely first class but I’d still use our own, I think there’s nothing as good as your own so whether showers etc are open or not is immaterial for us, an inside bar would be nice but I’d settle for an outside or failing that a few bottles v
Hi Beehpee the facilities are first class at Eye Kettleby Lakes before this lockdown started l would have used them nothing beats a good disabled shower unit .to each its own

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Bill, sent an email Last night after I posted on here so will see what Monday brings.
Ii think Waterrow was lovely, withought Rain even better, bus just outside the entrance to go into Dulverton, with the dogs, 1/2 hour. Same into Wivelescombe, with the dogs, good dog friendly pub up the road but not2 a good walk, roads a bit dangerous. But not2 enough to put us off .

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
About 12 years ago my sister organised a get together for our side of the family. Since then she has died along with my eldest brother. It was a smashing weekend using a small pub site in Shropshire.

Last week her daughter has organised a repeat. It looks like we will need 6 pitches and about 6 cabins. Depending on Scottish and Danish connections.

She approached the same site which has grown a little with cabins and bungalows. Surprisingly, at this time of the year. They can fit us in. And we will be using nearly all of their accommodation.

Really looking forward to it. But Marj is full of trepidation.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts