We receive a text message from our caravan storage last night about a break in

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have to check our caravan today at storage we receive a text message and rung them back saying some caravans had a break in until we go to check ours just hoping for the best it okay

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi BB, sorry to read this. I hope that your caravan is not one of those that has been targeted / that those which were have suffered minimal loss & damage from these low-life actions.
Keep us posted. Is there good CCTV coverage at the storage site?

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Very bad luck for owners who are involved - and presumably you will be able to update the forum later. Does the storage have any CCTV? Are thieves after parts rather than an attempt to remove an entire van?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Your very lucky then BB, the towrags are out and about, I suppose looking for any items , and also I would think , spares, things like windows would be a premium. Any idea of what type of vans were targeted ?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Very bad luck for owners who are involved - and presumably you will be able to update the forum later. Does the storage have any CCTV? Are thieves after parts rather than an attempt to remove an entire van?
We check our caravan on the outside first to see it had not been tamper with also the storage has CCTV , Motion detection and hidden cameras all around the site . one caravan we did see had broken windows and door lock had been tamper with . also looking in one caravan we saw everything including the kitchen sink on display . but nothing was taken.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Your very lucky then BB, the towrags are out and about, I suppose looking for any items , and also I would think , spares, things like windows would be a premium. Any idea of what type of vans were targeted ?
Storage site owner informed us today that 10 to 12 caravans had been target unsure what they were but Police been investigated

Reactions: Hutch and Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm sorry it was necessary for the site to send the message, but realistically it's unlikely teh site operator would know each caravan well enough to know is something was missing or wrong in all cases.

I'm glad yours was not affected, but for any that were, it could be very distressing, and of course it might mean their holiday plans have to be changed.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear yours is OK. We do leave the curtains open so anyone on the site can see it is near empty although if it is dark that may not work.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear yours is OK. We do leave the curtains open so anyone on the site can see it is near empty although if it is dark that may not work.
Thanks for that but we also leave our blinds up and curtains open and the only thing they will see in ours Aquaroll and electric hook up cable and that it

Last edited:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I guess that for the site owner, a mass email is the best option. If the thieves were in and out with little trace of obvious forced entry ( and skilled thieves are good at that); then the site owner may not know for certain which vans were affected especially if it is a very large storage site ( our last storage place had in excess of 300 vans). Better to get everyone to check their own vans in a timely manner.
Glad you were OK BB. Feel for the people who weren’t.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As I returned to storage yesterday looking around , the only things worth pinching are two old TVs worth nothing. Maybe the thieves are after spare parts?
Our blinds and curtains are closed to avoid sun damage to the interior.
Glad yours is ok BB

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s not that long ago that a member had caravan door ripped off whilst in storage. (George and Ade) Guess it like older cars the parts become more valuable as supplies begin to dry up.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
As I returned to storage yesterday looking around , the only things worth pinching are two old TVs worth nothing. Maybe the thieves are after spare parts?
Glad yours is ok BB
Hi Dusty some years ago we were on a caravan storage site and most of them had there water heater and cassette stolen and we think that was use for spare parts

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad yours is ok BB
I know a lot of people worry about the possibility of fading in the interior, but we have left the curtains open for years on various caravans and it has not been a problem.

Reactions: Dustydog and RogerL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts