Nostalgia !

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Looks like a lot are seasonal. And drones in those days. 🚁
No drones.
There was a small airfield, North Denes, at the back of our regular camping ground next to the stadium at Caister.
Two Auster aircraft used to do regular 15 minute pleasure flights above Great Yarmouth beach, Gorleston and the river Yare.
I suspect that the aerial photo originated there.
My first ever flight was from there.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If you do not know any better, you are happy and then someone comes along to tell you why you are not happy! :unsure:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I grew up with tents. Learnt to live off the land. Uncle was WW2 commando. Frame tent with kids then a trailer tent. Enjoyed all.

Reactions: Parksy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some of the happiest days of my life were spent camping in a tent.
Likewise right through from in the Scouts and even until quite recently I would go away camping. Spent many "happy" hours tramping the Baecons and Black Mountains sometimes in snow holes for warmth. I am now thinking of buying a Vango Sky 400 air tent to be able to get away into nice country. The photos are at Rhandirmwyn with my bed warmers, and FForest Fields on the way home from a long weekend off roading in Snowdonia. The Pajero being cleaned in the Corwen Carwash.

PS I am not always anti social.

20150423-0003.jpeg20150423-0001.jpegFForest Fields.jpeg

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
They have all sorts of fancy tents these days. In the sixties it was either cottage or bell tents. We had a small cottage tent that we used for our travels around Africa and in that case the thieving gits were monkeys!

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
They have all sorts of fancy tents these days. In the sixties it was either cottage or bell tents. We had a small cottage tent that we used for our travels around Africa and in that case the thieving gits were monkeys!
"cottage tent" is such quaint expression - we knew them as ridge tents in the Scouts.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
otherclive Have you brought your Vango Sky 400 Air tent for some holidays or are you still browsing :)
Been a bit busy arranging kitchen renewals at our daughters and our houses. Ours starts tomorrow so plan a couple of nights away at the end of the week helping my son with his woodland. But I am watching prices of Skye Air but May also consider the Vango Beta XL that I had previously. It wasn’t that difficult to put up 15 minutes or so and packed away compactly. Prices may go down by the end of July as most will have purchased their staycation kit, and our kitchen is a 3-4 week project without flooring available for long after that.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
"cottage tent" is such quaint expression - we knew them as ridge tents in the Scouts.
Never heard of that term while in the scouts? When we used to go away for 10 days every summer, us scouts set up our bell tents while the scoutmasters had the cottage tents.
Our cottage tent was for personal use. We slept in sleeping bags on the ground as no stretchers. Stood me in good stead for when I joined the services a few years later.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
In my Scout days we had light green Blacks of Greenock six man ridge tents. Uncle taught us how to storm lash the guy ropes for windy weather.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been a bit busy arranging kitchen renewals at our daughters and our houses. Ours starts tomorrow so plan a couple of nights away at the end of the week helping my son with his woodland. But I am watching prices of Skye Air but May also consider the Vango Beta XL that I had previously. It wasn’t that difficult to put up 15 minutes or so and packed away compactly. Prices may go down by the end of July as most will have purchased their staycation kit, and our kitchen is a 3-4 week project without flooring available for long after that.
I hope the kitchens go to plan and the woodland with your son and eventually you have the holiday you are hoping for :)

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts