Pride Apex Rapid mobility scooter mirrors 8mm thread

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I order some mirrors for my mobility scooter they came and the seller make sure you line them up and they would screw in but they would not so i have sent them back for a full refund .
So i am wondering now if i need a Tap Wench and Chuck set ,is this the right tool ?
i want to make sure there is thread in the holes on my scooter and then the next new mirrors will fit so any information i would appreciate Thanks

Attachments

• s-l200.jpg
    s-l200.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Without being able to see what the problem is, it's not really possible to advise on what tools you may need.

I suggest you speak to your supplier or the manufacturer to find out what is needed.

Reactions: Beachball
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I fitted a pair of mirrors to my wife's Pride rapide mobility scooter, 8 mm thread size, no problems, you should not need to use tap set on the steering bars. I bought them from E bay , I would post a link but they are no longer available. Just use an 8 mm threaded bolt to run down the threaded hole.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to be a Doom Monger, but if you do not know, if you need a tap set, then you will do more damage using it.
Take your scooter to a mobility shop they will advise you..

Reactions: Dustydog and RogerL
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Beachball, the thread inserts in the handles are very easy to cross thread and to also strip the threads, be very carefull with them.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Without being able to see what the problem is, it's not really possible to advise on what tools you may need.

I suggest you speak to your supplier or the manufacturer to find out what is needed.
Hi Prof JohnL Thanks for advice you have have been very helpful

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I fitted a pair of mirrors to my wife's Pride rapide mobility scooter, 8 mm thread size, no problems, you should not need to use tap set on the steering bars. I bought them from E bay , I would post a link but they are no longer available. Just use an 8 mm threaded bolt to run down the threaded hole.
Hi Hutch i have brought a 8mm threaded bolt going to try that way (y)

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to be a Doom Monger, but if you do not know, if you need a tap set, then you will do more damage using it.
Take your scooter to a mobility shop they will advise you..
Thought i would ask about the tap set was not sure what it did but thanks for your advice

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
BB
They just screw in to the factory prepared thread. You may two black plastic protection caps to remove. Then just screw them in and finally tighten the lock nut.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB
They just screw in to the factory prepared thread. You may two black plastic protection caps to remove. Then just screw them in and finally tighten the lock nut.

Hi DD i took the two black plastic caps off the left side 8mm threaded screw it went straight in but the right side it went in a little and that was it . so we are thinking of using a plug tap to see if that sorts it but thanks for the advice

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
it looks nice is it a big job to do(y)
Dead easy if you buy a couple of bicycle rear lights many will come with the plastic jubilee clip integrated. All you do is unfasten the clip, route it around the support of the scooter and then tighten it up using a screwdriver., or some have a rotary thumb wheel. The most difficult bit is synchronising the flashes between the two lights. (TIC) as you cannot press them both simultaneously. Literally it can take hours. 😱

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
You don't really want the rear light sycronised as it gives a hypnotist effect, to people behind you. Then they follow you to the local pub, but don't buy you a drink.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts