The MG4 EV is the Car of The Year in the Parkers New Car Awards 2024

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Perhaps if one vehicle is R/H and the other is L/H the they would have certain component differences.Gary
With the Jeep they are all use the same alternator for the diesel vehicles and probably same other parts including steering parts as the parts would all come from the same manufacturers. The only difference between L/H and R/h is probably the console or dashboard?

Reactions: toad a caravan
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This recall notice was issued in the EU but not the U.K. Why? There are other examples. Surely since we left the EU someone hasn’t rewritten the lists🤪

Jeep Grand Cherokee (2012 – 2013)

A fault with the alternator can result in the failure of the electrical systems and cause the vehicle to catch fire. … .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
This recall notice was issued in the EU but not the U.K. Why? There are other examples. Surely since we left the EU someone hasn’t rewritten the lists🤪

A fault with the alternator can result in the failure of the electrical systems and cause the vehicle to catch fire. … .
That is the one. The whole vehicle totally shuts down not even the emergency lights will work. Cost us almost £1500 to get the vehicle repaired!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

So even when we were in the EU are you saying it wasn’t progressed in Britain? Wonder why.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
So even when we were in the EU are you saying it wasn’t progressed in Britain? Wonder why.
There is no mandatory recall in the UK - the owner can choose to ignore any recall unlike some European countries where the next safety test, similar to MoT, would be failed if mandatory recalls not done.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
There is no mandatory recall in the UK - the owner can choose to ignore any recall unlike some European countries where the next safety test, similar to MoT, would be failed if mandatory recalls not done.
However if there is a recall and you ignore it, there may be serious insurance implications.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I can understand the concept of EU mandatory recall, but still don’t understand why when we were in the EU we didn’t have common recalls if they affected European and U.K. cars alike.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Only Jeep are going to be able to tell you why they did not issue a recall notice
I can understand the concept of EU mandatory recall, but still don’t understand why when we were in the EU we didn’t have common recalls if they affected European and U.K. cars alike.
There were many areas of EU directives where it was up to to each member state to implement within their existing laws and processes.

With regards Buckmans Jeep alternator issue, Only Jeep uk will be able to explain why the recall issued in other countries was not issued in the UK.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Honda have recalled 3million cars this year, of which the latest 250000 are for an engine failure mode that could lead to fire, or stoppage.

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
With the Jeep they are all use the same alternator for the diesel vehicles and probably same other parts including steering parts as the parts would all come from the same manufacturers. The only difference between L/H and R/h is probably the console or dashboard?
Headlamps .windscreen wipers.wiring harness.braking system.clutch operating mechanism to mention but a few 😊.Gary

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Headlamps .windscreen wipers.wiring harness.braking system.clutch operating mechanism to mention but a few 😊.Gary
Headlamps and wipers would be the same and probably most of the other stuff you mention. If the vehicle is automatic no issue with gearbox and probably not with a manual box.

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
Don’t forget the right and left hand gear lever🤪
I mentioned other components are involved..I only pointed certain ones out to simplify the issue..my reply to questions as to why there are various recall procotols for different countries i.e a component peculiar to a left hand vehicle that was found to be faulty shouldn't effect parts peculiar to a right hand vehicle.As you will be aware the beam pattern for a R/H vehicle is totally different to a L/H..😊Gary

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
Who cares? I don't, but LH or RH drive is not the topic! I live my life and you can live yours as long as you are happy as that is all about that counts! :unsure:
I agree I was merely pointing out to any interested parties asking why the UK didn't always issue a recall and it could be due to the reasons I gave.Gary

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
There are many differences to items made for different countries. TV's Fridges and of course car's which we are talking about.
Unless you are a technician or engineer involved directly with the design commodity involved you do not know .
Living with blinkers on about things is not great.

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
There are many differences to items made for different countries. TV's Fridges and of course car's which we are talking about.
Unless you are a technician or engineer involved directly with the design commodity involved you do not know .
Living with blinkers on about things is not great.
I agree entirely unless you've trained up and had wealth of experience on your specific trade it would probably appear one was wearing blinkers to the uninitiated 😊,Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts